Re: [BSA] Re: wicked fun morning

  • Betsy Russell
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
      Today was so awesome! Brrrr cold freezing at the start, but it warmed up nicely once the sun was up, which wasn't until close to 8. I sailed til 10:15 and jon and Steve were still ripping when I left. Sad to see the water start to drop, but we still had a beach today. Glad I broke out the neoprene hood today. Makes ya want to go up late and stay out there late, if it weren't a work day...
         ahhhh,
      Betsy

      On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:
      Yep, water is receding.  Backside of dock now barely touches water.  Wading chest high you kick rocks.  Steve & I on the water about 7:30AM.  EdD meter said 51 degrees.  Hands numb pretty fast.  Water nice & warm.  Much less than 50, though, and cold will be painful.

      Still getting used to my Eclipse Thruster.  It boosts amazingly big for only 24m lines, but I can't go as big or consistently as my PL's yet.  Still getting feel of the thing.  Eddy, some sweet 16' to maybe 21' 'ers out there !...but youngsta youz getz tired to quick.

      If tomorrow is like today only warmer....OH MAMA...
      On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      What a killer morning!!! I showed up and hit water a little before 9
      to join Jon, Steve, Jack, Bill, Betsy, & Jim.

      Wind speed was avg  17-24 beautiful sunshine and white caps galore. I
      bet it was a little chiller earlier.

      Jon is boosting 15'-20' consistently now that he has joined the dark
      side of LEI kites. I never worried about being out boosted before ;-)

      Steve was going big to and Jack is entering the real dark side of the
      sport, CATCHING AIR!!!! He'll never go back  :-)

      Water is departing quickly so maybe another few days to a week at
      Barclay and it will be high and dry. Wind looks good thru remainder of
      week. then weekend???

      CYA tomorrow,