wicked fun morning

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
      What a killer morning!!! I showed up and hit water a little before 9
      to join Jon, Steve, Jack, Bill, Betsy, & Jim.

      Wind speed was avg 17-24 beautiful sunshine and white caps galore. I
      bet it was a little chiller earlier.

      Jon is boosting 15'-20' consistently now that he has joined the dark
      side of LEI kites. I never worried about being out boosted before ;-)

      Steve was going big to and Jack is entering the real dark side of the
      sport, CATCHING AIR!!!! He'll never go back :-)

      Water is departing quickly so maybe another few days to a week at
      Barclay and it will be high and dry. Wind looks good thru remainder of
      week. then weekend???

      CYA tomorrow,
      Eddy
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
        Yes it was darn cold this morning.  I had some cold fingers. Kited on the 9m and fully powered most of the time till just after 8 when I got off the water.
        Got to work and logged in on the computer and it said the time was 9:09  on 09:09:09   how bizare!

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
          At 7:00am 20.6 G 25.7 and 51' Jon and I got off the water at 11:00 am 15 G 16.8 and 66' Tomorrow should be warmer my hands got cold at first

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
            Yep, water is receding.  Backside of dock now barely touches water.  Wading chest high you kick rocks.  Steve & I on the water about 7:30AM.  EdD meter said 51 degrees.  Hands numb pretty fast.  Water nice & warm.  Much less than 50, though, and cold will be painful.

            Still getting used to my Eclipse Thruster.  It boosts amazingly big for only 24m lines, but I can't go as big or consistently as my PL's yet.  Still getting feel of the thing.  Eddy, some sweet 16' to maybe 21' 'ers out there !...but youngsta youz getz tired to quick.

            If tomorrow is like today only warmer....OH MAMA...
            On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

            What a killer morning!!! I showed up and hit water a little before 9
            to join Jon, Steve, Jack, Bill, Betsy, & Jim.

            Wind speed was avg  17-24 beautiful sunshine and white caps galore. I
            bet it was a little chiller earlier.

            Jon is boosting 15'-20' consistently now that he has joined the dark
            side of LEI kites. I never worried about being out boosted before ;-)

            Steve was going big to and Jack is entering the real dark side of the
            sport, CATCHING AIR!!!! He'll never go back  :-)

            Water is departing quickly so maybe another few days to a week at
            Barclay and it will be high and dry. Wind looks good thru remainder of
            week. then weekend???

            CYA tomorrow,

          • Betsy Russell