RE: A Better Tomorrow

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19 2:34 PM
      RE: A Better Tomorrow
      I think the wind meter is fairly “dead on”. I started at 8:30 and without looking at meter I would have said that it was 16-22. I played for 30 mins on small board then it started to peter out so I went in for big board about 9:00 and played for another 30 mins in which I would have said it was 10-15...It shut down at 9:40 and I had  trouble getting in.

      I went home and looked at the numbers that is exactly what it did in that time frame.

      The early wind was very turbulent with big holes and big gusts that went no where. I was lit and pulling the trigger thinking I’d go to the moon and on the way up nothing except for a lofting kite....What a disappointment, lit to nothing!!!

      As far as the PC goes and adjusting the time outputs...it is working :. I am not MESSING with it....;-)  plus more numbers means more confusion. I do not want to open the door to pump house and get jinxed...

      Eddy

      From: Kiter - Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
      Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:11:21 -0600
      To: "'Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)'" <c.lee@...>, <idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>, Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@...>, Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [idahokiteboarding] RE: [BSA] A Better Tomorrow

      Maybe when the wind comes more from the east there is more turbulence in the flow hitting the meter.  When I looked at the numbers and saw NW in M.H. and LP wind bouncing between 10-18mph they seemed suspect.  In comparison, other days looked much more steady.

      Eddy, what do you think?  What if the meter dialed out every 5 minutes?  Would it smooth out the data?  Maybe it is what it is.  I guess there are times on the beach when the wind is up and down but better out a ways.

      -JBrick