RE: [snowkiteidaho] Weather station Calibration

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 12 5:53 AM
      Agreed Jack,

      I'll bet it's barely kiteable.  Back to bed for me.  Thanks Eddy.

      -JBrick

      From: Kiter - Jon Bolt <idakiteman@gmail. com>
      Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:16:00 -0600
      To: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net>
      Cc: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>, <idahokiteboarding@ yahoogroups. com>, Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com>
      Subject: [BSA] Re: LP Tue

      Sitting up on the crest of the ridge and on top of the sloped roof of the camp host shelter, the wind hitting the windmeter experiences some compression & acceleration as it rises up the slope and up the roof.  It reads several mph more than what exists on the water.  The other day I noticed when it was showing 13-18 (which should be decent 'capping) there was barely any capping on the water and by the dock was very light....pretty much not worth going out (but of course 13-18 would be decent fun on a 14 if it were actually that).  Today on my 13m PL I found myself hoping for a little more a fair amount of the time.   Definitely had several stronger days up there this year on my 13.  But when the holes did fill in w/ some "solid beef", it was glorious.  (The vegans among you may not appreciate the analogy, coming from Star Trek spoof humor: imagine you've gone where no man has gone before for years at a time eating nothing but friggin' pills and liquid nourishment. ..and then on a planetary beam-down your captain stumbles upon something looking astonishingly like real meat.  His excitement overcomes his caution and taking the risk of a taste, he screams in uncontainable joy: "SPOCK, IT"S SOLID BEEF, BABY!!"  ... like hitting the motherlode.)

      I set a bad example.  The "bluff highmark" game was OK to play today, but not on the nasty gusty days lest you mark your highmark w/ your body or kite material...

      On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Steve Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net> wrote:

      7:00am 25 G 27 that is as windy as I ever seen it .

      <BR
      To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
      Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
      Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/