Where is the wind?

  • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5 10:28 AM

      Jason asked:

      Good winds... and speaking of wind.... Chris.... When will it come back?

      I’m it’s not a matter of when but it’s where…

      So, if you can clear your Friday schedule and don’t mind the drive, it will be (should be) blowing at the Three Mile.  If you really want to catch all the wind, it will more than likely start blowing late Thursday through pretty much all day Friday.  You can also look at what Temira’s said here.

      My guess is it will be strong enough for kite on Sat and Sun there also.

      I’m planning to head out early Friday to catch the wind there and then probably head to Hood River for the weekend.

      Sadly for morning wind, it’s probably be messed up for a while – probably until Tue/Wed at the least.  There’s chance it will be enough for kite tomorrow.  I think this morning picked up kind of late and some kites went out.

      Best regards,

      Chris Lee.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5 11:29 AM
        Re: [BSA] Where is the wind? Wind did come on about 8

        I got out first and played for 30-40 mins. My foot was starting to suffer from an injury caused by one of our female kiters, Darn girls(you know who you are) ;-b ....  But, I thought the wind was over anyway.

        All of a sudden some Mammatus clouds appeared over the downtown area and the wind came in “real nice” for another 25 mins. It was almost enough to sucker me out again, watching Garrett, JB, & BK ripping. But as soon as the clouds disappeared so did the wind.

        Weird weather...supposedly Friday we are going to hit a record low Daytime temp and 1-3 inches of rain????? They are saying if this were a winter time storm we would be in for a doozy.  Might mean wind out East.

        Don’t know when I’m leaving town, now it maybe Sunday??? If so I‘ll be ready to play.

        For the moment the weather station is online. Dan Bond help me discover that the CMOS battery is probably dead and the Laptop was losing time every time the screen went to sleep. This time lose was causing internet connection issues, hence no updates.  I still need to get a new battery in unit, but have not been able to find a “BR1225” Battery yet. It is a $2 battery.  As soon as one is acquired, Dan or myself will swap it out. I hope this was the last issue...we will find out soon enough.

        Eddy

        From: "Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)" <c.lee@...>
        Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:28:09 +0000
        To: Kiter - Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>, Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        Cc: Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@...>, "idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com" <idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [BSA] Where is the wind?

        Jason asked:
        Good winds... and speaking of wind.... Chris.... When will it come back?

        I’m it’s not a matter of when but it’s where…

        So, if you can clear your Friday schedule and don’t mind the drive, it will be (should be) blowing at the Three Mile.  If you really want to catch all the wind, it will more than likely start blowing late Thursday through pretty much all day Friday.  You can also look at what Temira’s said here <http://thegorgeismygym.com/?p=203> .