wind sports beer SuMMIT

  • jclivejordan
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2009
      You guys have been talking about a BBQ? How does this Friday work? It could be a beer summit to promote understanding for kiters and windsurfers beginners, right of way, etc.
    • Betsy Russell
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
        I'm in the Gorge til next Monday...
          Betsy

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] wind sports beer SuMMIT Laura and I will be gone for the next 2 weekends, leaving ~Wednesday...so if it gets postponed we would love to be there after the 17th.

          Eddy

          But in the meantime the next few days should still be happening

          From: Betsy Russell <bzrussell@...>
          Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 08:04:10 -0600
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] wind sports beer SuMMIT

          I'm in the Gorge til next Monday...
            Betsy

          On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM, jclivejordan <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

          You guys have been talking about a BBQ?  How does this Friday work?  It could be a beer summit to promote understanding for kiters and windsurfers beginners, right of way, etc.

        • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
            I'll be in the Gorge from Thur to Sun also.

            Best regards,

            Chris Lee.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
              OK AUGUST 21.. (closer to snowkiting season anyway) and Have fun in the gorge everyone!!!

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jclivejordan" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

              > You guys have been talking about a BBQ? How does this Friday work? It could be a beer summit to promote understanding for kiters and windsurfers beginners, right of way, etc.

            • Kay Walst6on
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
                Scott is leaving for 2 weeks tomorrow...we can both be there after that

                Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                Realtor - Top Producer
                Boise, ID. 83706
                208-860-5053 - cell
                208-331-6833 - e-fax

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
                  All...

                  Looking @ the group email traffic, there appears to be fair amount of interest in an end-of-summer social event of some kind.  I think Billy McAllister started the proposal and others have chimed in.  Ideas have ranged from beer @ Lucky 13 to BBQ/Potluck.  Many have replied with interest while giving their availability limitations.  Jim Tighe volunteered his house in Riverside Village, although if we wanted to make it easiest for LP ACE folks to stop by for some recognition, Sandy Point or Barber Park or Lucky 13 or Crow Inn would be good picks.

                  To make this happen, what we appear to lack is someone with the initiative to organize it (or to get a couple other folks to join him/her as a small organizing team...like someone does group communication, someone arranges location, someone coordinates potluck food if that's what's chosen, etc.).  Billy's ideas sounded terrific and I invited him to carry through on them but he hasn't replied to the invitation.  If any others are willing take-on organizing the event, please speak up.

                  Thanks.

                  Jon

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
                    ...and as a reward to the organizer(s), you get total authority and creative license to name the event and your beer will be free...

                    Think of the possibilities.  You could copy something chic, like Tour de Sail, or name it after yourself (e.g., Sailmaster Billy's Grog & Gruel Festival), or memorialize something special that happened to a friend this year (e.g.,  Binegar's Annual Spillway Avoidance Conference), or promote a new sailing product innovation you've been thinking about (e.g., Chizzo's combo titty ring & leash attachment demo session), or that gear somebody uses that's begging for BS like (Jonnie's Pink Pig Rig Appreciation Night or Jason's 17m Fool Retirement Celebration).  The possibilities are endless...and they could be yours.

                    Don't delay, first to speak up gets all the glory...you snooze you looze

                    Jon

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
                      Here is an idea,  I have a 3600 square feet airplane hangar at the Nampa airport,  some of you have been there.  It is heated and lighted and we have music.  We can move the airplanes outside for a get together.  A few Barbies brought in, a keg, some wine or byob and chairs.  Plenty of space to dance, skateboard tec.  A pot luck sounds best.  This is a very private setting and we have no time limits........just don't touch the airplanes!  Because it is heated, we can have this function any time.  Waiting until all are back from vacations migh be best for the turnout, even after school starts.  We can do it any time!  Feedback?  I am not volunterring to coordenate everything,  I am just offering a venue but I am willing to help.  Signed, The Old Kiter Kook with the blue helmut....Scott Cryder