RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

  • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      I also tried but I have no way of attaching it to my windsurfer.  Then I saw Eddy's boat...
      I think I'll keep some kind of "tow rope" handy when I go out next time....

      Best regards,

      Chris Lee.

      From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@ yahoo.com>
      Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

      Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:
      > Counted 14
      kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.
      What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
      > scenery is so much better.
      > More tomorrow.
      > Eddy
      > Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind
      is not friendly.... Get
      > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge.
      Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
      > least far buoys. All it will take is
      one accident on “our” beach and it gets
      > ruined for kiteboarding at LP.
       Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
      > don’t call them
      ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a
      refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
      > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out.
      > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I
      know I’m beating a
      > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are
      doing really crazy things
      > at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone
      doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
      > Everyone needs to lead by
      example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
      > they will try to
      copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way