Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday Thanks for trying to rescue Mark’s board.

      Next time anyone rescues a board drop it 100 yards downwind of the stranded...:-)

      I think we will have wind the next 3-5 days. I’m heading to Cali middle of next week for 1.5 weeks will play at Sherman Island and in Bay area.

      From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@...>
      Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

      Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      > Counted 14 kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.
      > What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
      > scenery is so much better.
      >
      > More tomorrow.
      >
      > Eddy
      >
      > Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind is not friendly....Get
      > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge. Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
      > least far buoys. All it will take is one accident on “our” beach and it gets
      > ruined for kiteboarding at LP.  Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
      > don’t call them ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a
      > refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
      > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out. Nobody
      > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I know I’m beating a
      > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are doing really crazy things
      > at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
      > Everyone needs to lead by example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
      > they will try to copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
      > it should be done.
      >
      > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be Safe.

    • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        I also tried but I have no way of attaching it to my windsurfer.  Then I saw Eddy's boat...

        I think I'll keep some kind of "tow rope" handy when I go out next time....

        Best regards,

        Chris Lee.

        From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@ yahoo.com>
        Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
        To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

        Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

        > Counted 14
        kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.

        What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
        > scenery is so much better.
        >
        > More tomorrow.
        >
        > Eddy
        >
        > Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind
        is not friendly.... Get
        > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge.
        Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
        > least far buoys. All it will take is
        one accident on “our” beach and it gets
        > ruined for kiteboarding at LP.
         Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
        > don’t call them
        ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a

        refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
        > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out.
        Nobody
        > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I
        know I’m beating a
        > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are
        doing really crazy things
        > at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone
        doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
        > Everyone needs to lead by
        example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
        > they will try to
        copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
        > it should be
        done.

        > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be
        Safe.