RE: Great Saturday

  • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      Great Saturday
      Yes, it was a beautiful morning.  The following is taken before I rigged my 5.0 and before the fun start.

      Best regards,

      Chris Lee.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday Thanks for trying to rescue Mark’s board.

        Next time anyone rescues a board drop it 100 yards downwind of the stranded...:-)

        I think we will have wind the next 3-5 days. I’m heading to Cali middle of next week for 1.5 weeks will play at Sherman Island and in Bay area.

        From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@...>
        Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
        To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

        Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
          I also tried but I have no way of attaching it to my windsurfer.  Then I saw Eddy's boat...

          I think I'll keep some kind of "tow rope" handy when I go out next time....

          Best regards,

          Chris Lee.

          From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@ yahoo.com>
          Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

          Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

          --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

          > Counted 14
          kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.

          What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
          > scenery is so much better.
          >
          > More tomorrow.
          >
          > Eddy
          >
          > Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind
          is not friendly.... Get
          > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge.
          Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
          > least far buoys. All it will take is
          one accident on “our” beach and it gets
          > ruined for kiteboarding at LP.
           Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
          > don’t call them
          ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a

          refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
          > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out.
          Nobody
          > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I
          know I’m beating a
          > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are
          doing really crazy things
          > at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone
          doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
          > Everyone needs to lead by
          example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
          > they will try to
          copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
          > it should be
          done.

          > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be
          Safe.