Re: Great Saturday

  • jclivejordan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 11:47 AM
      Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines, note to self - more distance between kites......

      > Counted 14 kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.
      > What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
      > scenery is so much better.
      >
      > More tomorrow.
      >
      > Eddy
      >
      > Memo to newbie's and expert¹s, Barclay Beach wind is not friendly....Get
      > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge. Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
      > least far buoys. All it will take is one accident on ³our² beach and it gets
      > ruined for kiteboarding at LP. Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
      > don¹t call them ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose. If anyone needs a
      > refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
      > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out. Nobody
      > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down. ... I know I¹m beating a
      > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are doing really crazy things
      > at Barclay... If anyone sees someone doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
      > Everyone needs to lead by example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
      > they will try to copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
      > it should be done.
      >
      > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be Safe.

    • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1 12:02 PM
        Great Saturday
        Yes, it was a beautiful morning.  The following is taken before I rigged my 5.0 and before the fun start.

        Best regards,

        Chris Lee.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1 12:14 PM
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday Thanks for trying to rescue Mark’s board.

          Next time anyone rescues a board drop it 100 yards downwind of the stranded...:-)

          I think we will have wind the next 3-5 days. I’m heading to Cali middle of next week for 1.5 weeks will play at Sherman Island and in Bay area.

          From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@...>
          Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1 12:18 PM
            I also tried but I have no way of attaching it to my windsurfer.  Then I saw Eddy's boat...

            I think I'll keep some kind of "tow rope" handy when I go out next time....

            Best regards,

            Chris Lee.

            From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@ yahoo.com>
            Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

            Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

            --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

            > Counted 14
            kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.

            What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
            > scenery is so much better.
            >
            > More tomorrow.
            >
            > Eddy
            >
            > Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind
            is not friendly.... Get
            > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge.
            Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
            > least far buoys. All it will take is
            one accident on “our” beach and it gets
            > ruined for kiteboarding at LP.
             Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
            > don’t call them
            ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a

            refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
            > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out.
            Nobody
            > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I
            know I’m beating a
            > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are
            doing really crazy things
            > at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone
            doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
            > Everyone needs to lead by
            example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
            > they will try to
            copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
            > it should be
            done.

            > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be
            Safe.