Great Saturday

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      Great Saturday Counted 14 kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water. What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the scenery is so much better.

      More tomorrow.

      Eddy

      Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind is not friendly....Get your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge. Kite LOW & Body drag out to at least far buoys. All it will take is one accident on “our” beach and it gets ruined for kiteboarding at LP.  Also launching from dock is prohibited. They don’t call them ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out. Nobody wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I know I’m beating a dead horse ... But it is important, and people are doing really crazy things at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING. Everyone needs to lead by example, if you do something that a beginner sees, they will try to copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way it should be done.

      Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be Safe.
    • jclivejordan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines, note to self - more distance between kites......

        > Counted 14 kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.
        > What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
        > scenery is so much better.
        >
        > More tomorrow.
        >
        > Eddy
        >
        > Memo to newbie's and expert¹s, Barclay Beach wind is not friendly....Get
        > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge. Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
        > least far buoys. All it will take is one accident on ³our² beach and it gets
        > ruined for kiteboarding at LP. Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
        > don¹t call them ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose. If anyone needs a
        > refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
        > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out. Nobody
        > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down. ... I know I¹m beating a
        > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are doing really crazy things
        > at Barclay... If anyone sees someone doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
        > Everyone needs to lead by example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
        > they will try to copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
        > it should be done.
        >
        > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be Safe.

      • Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
          Great Saturday
          Yes, it was a beautiful morning.  The following is taken before I rigged my 5.0 and before the fun start.

          Best regards,

          Chris Lee.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
            Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday Thanks for trying to rescue Mark’s board.

            Next time anyone rescues a board drop it 100 yards downwind of the stranded...:-)

            I think we will have wind the next 3-5 days. I’m heading to Cali middle of next week for 1.5 weeks will play at Sherman Island and in Bay area.

            From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@...>
            Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Great Saturday

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
              I also tried but I have no way of attaching it to my windsurfer.  Then I saw Eddy's boat...

              I think I'll keep some kind of "tow rope" handy when I go out next time....

              Best regards,

              Chris Lee.

              From: jclivejordan <jclivejordan@ yahoo.com>
              Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:47:37 -0000
              To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

              Yes what an awesome day, speaking of safety, sorry I got my lines tangled with Mark's lines,  note to self - more distance between kites......

              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

              > Counted 14
              kites & 8 pole boards, with a total of 5 chickadees on the water.

              What a great day when more than 30% of the kiting population are women, the
              > scenery is so much better.
              >
              > More tomorrow.
              >
              > Eddy
              >
              > Memo to newbie's and expert’s, Barclay Beach wind
              is not friendly.... Get
              > your kite up and get the heck out of Dodge.
              Kite LOW & Body drag out to at
              > least far buoys. All it will take is
              one accident on “our” beach and it gets
              > ruined for kiteboarding at LP.
               Also launching from dock is prohibited. They
              > don’t call them
              ACCIDENTS because you did it on purpose.  If anyone needs a

              refresher course on safe skills, Please ask for advice. If you go to a new
              > kite location, you should ask for kite protocol and then you go out.
              Nobody
              > wants to be the victim that got a place shut down.  ... I
              know I’m beating a
              > dead horse ... But it is important, and people are
              doing really crazy things
              > at Barclay...  If anyone sees someone
              doing something stupid, SAY SOMETHING.
              > Everyone needs to lead by
              example, if you do something that a beginner sees,
              > they will try to
              copy, because it looks cool or they think that is the way
              > it should be
              done.

              > Have Fun, Kite Smart, and be
              Safe.