Re: [BSA] Anyone looking at Mountain Home this afternoon

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2009
      Re: [BSA] Anyone looking at Mountain Home this afternoon

      WTF...I’ve been trying to figure out what the heck is going on with weather station and have not even looked outside.

      I found out why the PC was constantly rebooting...the scheduler program that Jason and I selected last night, it was a reboot program...doho

      I think I figured out how to make the unit update via Dialup, Dump, Hang-up, Repeat every 20 mins... This was the FTP update scheduler, that I thought we wanted last night.

      Now, I just need to drive back up to LP again (arghh...road construction...30 extra mins)  and reconnect everything. Keep fingers crossed that I got it this time.  It appears that the laptop is working fine and dandy...knock on wood

      Can I collect monies for my mileage??? ;-)

      Maybe it will be online tomorrow morning...I’ve got hope.

      EdD

      BTW, I received weather station pledge money from Bill, Peter, and Gavin and will add them to the funds collected list.

      Gear Daddy LLC
      (208) 863-6966
      geardaddyllc@...

      From: Kiter - Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
      Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:08:54 -0600
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>, Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@...>
      Subject: [BSA] Anyone looking at Mountain Home this afternoon

      I'm busy... someone go get some for me.

      MH This afternoon:

      Mt Home AFB <http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?sid=muo&num=24&raw=0&banner=off>
      4:25pm  prtly cldy            10.0 93  39  15  NW   20G26   29.93
      3:55pm  prtly cldy            10.0 92  40  17  NNW  18G26   29.95
      3:25pm  prtly cldy            10.0 91  39  16  NNW  14G24   29.96
      JBrick

    • Jack Harrison

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009

          Another morning in the void.  The meter is down and the “early” 5 o’clock indicators point in opposite directions!

          Yesterday Eddy gave a “no wind” report and that made it easier for me to be ready for a meeting at 9. Then, Betsy and others sailed in light wind.  All that reminds me of Harold, my wife’s granddad, who was a farmer in North Dakota . He uses to say the weatherman was “right” 80% of this time. Of course, for 40% he’s telling you what the weather was yesterday. Then another 40% of the time he’s telling you what the weather is today. The only time he’s wrong is when he’s telling you what the weather is tomorrow.

          Point of this story. While the wind reading (or a report) at LP will always be a great assistance (and I appreciate the enormous effort this really is [ever hear of “MaxHeadwind” ?], we’ll still need all the wind indicators Tom has compiled to have an idea …. if the wind will blow after we get there.

          Which brings me to other indicators. Anyone know where if jet stream is sitting. Or, are the high and low pressure systems “sitting” in the wrong position?

          Either way, while writing this email, the 6 o’clock “indicators” have almost aligned.  Hope to see you on the water later this AM. And thanks to all for any effort on our fickle “MsWindMeter”

          Jack