Fwd: RE: Meeting Request re kite sailing at Deer Flat NWR

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2009
      Jay, I see I don't have your email address, so I'm sending you the Lake Lowell meeting notice via snowkiteidaho.

      Jon

      From: <Susan_Kain@...>
      Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM
      To: "Ricker, Bryan (Crapo)" <Bryan_Ricker@...>
      Cc: Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...>, Forrest_Cameron@..., Bob_Peyton@..., Todd_Fenzl@..., Murray Nunn <Murray_Nunn@...>, Jennifer Brown <Jennifer_Brown@...>

      Bryan,
      That works on our end, so Forrest Cameron and I will plan to meet with you and Jon Bolt on July 27 at 2:30 PM.  As I mentioned before, Todd Fenzl will be out of town then, so he will be unable to attend.

      Will we be meeting at your Caldwell office on Cleveland?

      Thanks for coordinating this meeting.  Let us know if you need anything else from us.
      Susan

      ___________________________________
      Susan Kain, Visitor Services Manager
      Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge
      13751 Upper Embankment Road
      Nampa, ID 83686

      208-467-9278
      fax: 208-467-1019
      Susan_Kain@...
      "Ricker, Bryan (Crapo)" <Bryan_Ricker@...>

      07/14/2009 08:28 AM

      "'Susan_Kain@...'" <Susan_Kain@...>, "'Jon Bolt'" <idakiteman@...>
      cc
      "Ricker, Bryan (Crapo)" <Bryan_Ricker@...>
      Subject
      RE: RE: Meeting Request  re kite sailing at Deer Flat NWR

      Sorry it took me so long to get back.  I was doing some work in Valley County and had pretty spotty reception.  We can do Monday July 27 at 2:30pm if that will work. I will be in the office until about 11:00am if you have any questions.  Please let me know as soon as possible if this will work.  If not we can try something else.  Thanks again and I will talk with you soon.

      Best regards,

      Bryan Ricker
      Regional Director
      U.S Senator Mike Crapo
      524 E. Cleveland Blvd., Suite 220
      Caldwell, ID 83605
      (208) 455-0360
      (208) 455-0358 fax

      Learn more about the issues before Congress at http://crapo.senate.gov and sign up for Senator Crapo’s monthly e-newsletter.

      From: Susan Kain/MOBILE/R1/FWS/DOI
      Date: 07/10/2009 11:50AM

      Bryan--

      Unfortunately, Forrest is not available on Wednesday the 22nd.  If Wednesdays are best for you, then we could meet on July 29th.

      If other days of the week work for you, Forrest Cameron and I are both available on 7/14, 7/16, 7/23-7/24, and 7/27-7/31.  To accommodate flight schedules, a mid-afternoon meeting would work best on any of those days.  It turns out that Todd Fenzl has quite a busy schedule through the end of August, and would only be available to meet on 7/14, 7/16, and 7/24.  If you can accommodate his schedule, that would be great.  If not, perhaps we should meet without Todd so that we can address this issue in a timely manner.

      I also wanted to clarify the agenda for the meeting.  I understood that the primary topic of the meeting was the status of kiteboarding.  Is that correct?  Is the Western Whitewater Association also concerned about that issue, or will there be a second agenda item?

      Please let me know if you need any more information from me as we try to find a meeting time that works for all parties.

      Thanks,
      Susan
      ___________________________________

      Litter's not for Critters!  So ask about volunteering to keep the refuge clean.

      Ask about the Junior Duck Stamp Art Contest: Connecting Children with Nature through Science and Art

      View the refuge newsletter at
      http://www.fws.gov/deerflat
      ___________________________________
      Susan Kain, Visitor Services Manager
      Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge
      13751 Upper Embankment Road
      Nampa, ID 83686

      208-467-9278
      fax: 208-467-1019
      Susan_Kain@...

      http://www.fws.gov/deerflat
      "Ricker, Bryan (Crapo)" <Bryan_Ricker@...>

      "Ricker, Bryan (Crapo)" <Bryan_Ricker@...>

      07/09/2009 04:17 PM

      "'Susan_Kain@...'" <Susan_Kain@...>

      cc

      "'Jon Bolt'" <idakiteman@...>

      Subject

      RE: Meeting Request  re kite sailing at Deer Flat NWR

      Susan,

      Thank you for getting back to me.  Unfortunately after I received Chris’s email stating that he could not meet I scheduled other meetings on that day.  I could meet on Wednesday July 22 around 2:00pm.  As you know Senator Crapo feels that the public should stay involved and Senator Crapo has serious concerns that an open and transparent process is not being established.

      Along with John, I am asking that Western Whitewater attend as well so that they can continue to stay involved as well.  Please let me know if this works or we can figure out a different day.  Thank you again for responding and I look forward to hearing from you.