Re: [snowkiteidaho] Anderson Ranch Res

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11 2:28 PM
      Josh
      I don't know anyone that has kited there but my guess is,  if there is wind it will be on and off , real thermal driven , or if a front is coming through , gusty , but a word of warning mountain lakes and reservoirs can be dangerous.  remember what happened to Brad and Eddy at Cascade reservoir . the weather can change in a instant and a kitemare develop .
      Steve
      Does anyone know how the wind is at Anderson Ranch Resevoir? I will be up there in a few weeks and might try my luck...

    • Mark Westerdoll
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13 8:45 PM
        Josh,
        I have kited at Anderson, the afternoon winds are actually pretty decent, but a little onshore. The beach right along the highway near the Deer Creek store is the only spot that has worked for me. There is a great launch when the water is a little lower, should work in a couple weeks. I just got back from my annual campout there, didn't kite this year it was too crazy yesterday. Rig Big!

        Westy
        I don't know anyone that has kited there but my guess is,  if there is wind it will be on and off , real thermal driven , or if a front is coming through , gusty , but a word of warning mountain lakes and reservoirs can be dangerous.  remember what happened to Brad and Eddy at Cascade reservoir . the weather can change in a instant and a kitemare develop .
        Steve
        Does anyone know how the wind is at Anderson Ranch Resevoir? I will be up there in a few weeks and might try my luck...

      • Josh Woodland
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14 8:23 AM
          Mark, thanks for the info.  I will check out the spot you mentioned.

          Steve, I don't think I have heard about Brad and Eddy's kitemare at Cascade res.  Can you give me some more detail so I know what to look out for?

          Thanks,

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14 9:14 AM
            Josh
            Brad or Eddy could give a better account , All I was saying is a summer time squall can come out of nowhere . so when you see the weather changing its best to get off the water .