Anderson Ranch Res

  • woodland.josh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2009
      Does anyone know how the wind is at Anderson Ranch Resevoir? I will be up there in a few weeks and might try my luck...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2009
        Josh
        I don't know anyone that has kited there but my guess is,  if there is wind it will be on and off , real thermal driven , or if a front is coming through , gusty , but a word of warning mountain lakes and reservoirs can be dangerous.  remember what happened to Brad and Eddy at Cascade reservoir . the weather can change in a instant and a kitemare develop .
        Steve
        Does anyone know how the wind is at Anderson Ranch Resevoir? I will be up there in a few weeks and might try my luck...

      • Mark Westerdoll
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2009
          Josh,
          I have kited at Anderson, the afternoon winds are actually pretty decent, but a little onshore. The beach right along the highway near the Deer Creek store is the only spot that has worked for me. There is a great launch when the water is a little lower, should work in a couple weeks. I just got back from my annual campout there, didn't kite this year it was too crazy yesterday. Rig Big!

          Westy
          I don't know anyone that has kited there but my guess is,  if there is wind it will be on and off , real thermal driven , or if a front is coming through , gusty , but a word of warning mountain lakes and reservoirs can be dangerous.  remember what happened to Brad and Eddy at Cascade reservoir . the weather can change in a instant and a kitemare develop .
          Steve
          Does anyone know how the wind is at Anderson Ranch Resevoir? I will be up there in a few weeks and might try my luck...

        • Josh Woodland
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2009
            Mark, thanks for the info.  I will check out the spot you mentioned.

            Steve, I don't think I have heard about Brad and Eddy's kitemare at Cascade res.  Can you give me some more detail so I know what to look out for?

            Thanks,

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2009
              Josh
              Brad or Eddy could give a better account , All I was saying is a summer time squall can come out of nowhere . so when you see the weather changing its best to get off the water .