Re: 5-days Straight

  • Chrizzo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      I know you guys dont want to hear it again but Manzo was off the bloody hook this last week. Brick i hope you got more wind after Friday. Rhino and I stopped at Hood in order to miss the traffic around Portland.
      (note here- when we left on Friday for the 4th wknd at about 1:30, we counted 4 miles of stopped traffic just trying to take the coast highway. THat would take you maybe 3 hrs to go that distance- so time your approach to the coast accordingly- take the alternate hwy south windy road but at least youll be moving foreward)
      Hood was perfect for my 8.5 and oh my god Hood looks GOOD.
      Manzo was BLOWING! Todd came down from Seattle and had a dawn patrol sesh that Tues. Dont know what the reports said but i was fully depowered but kiting on my 8.5- youve guessed by now thats my smallest kite. Rhino stuck with his 7 all the time. We made alot of great downwinders as the currant is mad out there and when you boost really really big (cant help it- those waves punch you up to the sky) you loose lots of ground. So downwinders were the $hi?.!! Its only about 2 miles worth of coastline but you can still get lots of lovin without much upwindin'. We had so many good long sessions all that is left is plenty of lactic acid and unbelievable memories. Did i mention the gigantic waves....Thanks Manzo And it was a nice escape from the heat. Bring pants AND shoes, the chill is nice though.

      ~****And whoever stole my tent- I hope your crotch becomes infested with the fleas of 10,000 camels.*****~

      Great seein ya Brick- wish you woulda answered your phone though;~)
      Chrizzo