From Florida

  • Volatile
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14 11:34 AM
      Sup. I have been kiteboarding, wakeboarding and snowboarding ALOT. I
      haven't been snowkiting though. IF you guys could answer these
      questions it would be great....

      Can I get by with a BEST 13M and a typical snowboard?
      I'm going to be in Boise in about 3 weeks. Will there still be snow?
      Whats the best location?

      Any other suggestions are welcome.

      Thanks,
      Volatile
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14 3:06 PM
        13m should be good.  Regular snowboard works, but might want to set bindings more symetrical, and towards heal side.   I telemark, so some of these other ass grinders can tell you more about the boards

        As far as snow, we are in the throws of death.  Where we mostly ride is just north of Mountain Home on the way to Sun Valley on the West end of the Camas Prairie.  The snow is going fast.  Down to the last foot or 2 now, and it is very saturated with water.  So I doubt it will be good in 3 weeks, but cooler temps are in the forecast for a few days, and maybe some snow.  Anything could happen.

        Further East on The  Camas, like Craters of the Moon Nat'l Park, might hold up better.  I think its a little higher.  Aslo, just West of Stanley are some excellent meadows, but the wind has proven to be elusive when we tried a few times 3 years ago.  Both of these are a bit of a haul from Boise for day trippin', so we don't know much about them.  There is a small contigent of kiters in Sunvalley that might know more.

        Check in closer to when your coming and we can tell you whether to bring the snowboar or the waterboard.

        Darrel Thomas
        208-484-6766
        darrelthomas@...