Kite pictures

  • Dan Bond
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2009
    A friend saw some of you kiting and took a few pics. Thought I would pass them on.

  • tony williams
    Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
      Hey all.
      Pretty strong wind this morning at LP.
      Arrived at 5:40 and on the water at 6:10. Kited till 8 and left just as Jason B was entering the water.  John B was putting up some nice lofty jumps and back rolls in both directions.  I am trying to get use to my new(but used) instinct and was not getting very high but had a great first day after getting the pin out of my hand on Tuesday.
      Winds were strongest at 7:00am and definately in the mid 20's
      Hope to see more of you out soon.
      Cheers,
      TW

      Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
        Agreed with Tony and CHris.

        I slept in and almost didn't go.  I woke up at 7:10 and said "too late to kite... better start working".  However, the strong winds outside my window (by Barber Park) lured me to check the sensors.  It looked good and I thought it might be one of those days that it keeps blowing and blowing.  And it did till 10:20 when Jon B, B-Rad, and I all came in as the wind was  shutting off.

        I got on the water at 8:00am and was overpowered on my 2004 17m Fuel.  The wind was strong for LP and gusty/punchy as the clouds were coming and going.  Lots of windsurfers out ripping. Whoever lent me there Allen wrench... thanks.  I would have been a hurtin unit as I would not have been able to depower as much.  The wind never let up till 10:10.  A little more than 2 good hours on the water.  I'm sore already.  Nice swell today by the cliffs.

        By the way... right before I went out Chris L. was absolutely ripping full speed right up to the beach at Barclay Bay.  Did you have a rocket engine on the back of your board.  I noticed your top speed of 32MPH.. what gives?

        P.S.S.  Word up on the telephone connection for the windmeter at Barclay Bay?  That thing was spinning like crazy when I arrived.  Can't wait to see some real numbers on days like this.

        -JBrick

        Message 4 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
           Nice strong wind again this morning. A 12m would have been the choice kite but from 7am to 8am I would have been able to go up wind on the 9m.  Steve L and John B also came out to play as well as 5 windsurfers. I hope more of you can get out and play. The sun is up by 5:45 and so is the wind.
          Cheers,
          Tony

          Message 5 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
            Tony is telling the truth Jon and I arrived just before 7;00 and I could of used my 9m for the first 1/2 hour but 12m work tell well after 10;00 when Jon a I got off the water . it was still blowing a strong 14m at 10;30 when we left . this was one of those rare days we only see a few time a year . Tomorrow maybe the last day because Thursday looks iffy BUT Friday is calling for a good chance of wind in the afternoon .

            Message 6 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
              Correction I meant to say Thursday night looks bad weather wise witch means Friday morning mite not be any good but Friday afternoon looks windy , but tomorrow Thursday morning maybe good at LP. whitch is what I meant to say when I said tomorrow maybe the last day becouase Thursday looks iffy , that should read Friday morning looks iffy . and on and on .