Barclay & Turner closed this weekend

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2009
      Statesman notice in the Idaho Outdoors section -- it's the Ironman 70.3 again.

      Barclay Bay ramp and parking has been closed since Tuesday. Dam road will
      be closed 8pm Thursday, through Saturday afternoon.

      Idaho 21 will be closed to eastbound traffic from 2 to 4:20 Saturday.

      I guess the good news is that we're not missing any morning wind with
      the parade of cells coming through.
      _____________
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
      tva@...
    • Chrizzo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2009
        You guys see the new webcam at Hood beach? Its live, clear, controllable direction and zoom. I kind of feel like im kiting from my desk. Kinda but not really..
        http://www.slingshotsports.com/kite_cam

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:

        > Statesman notice in the Idaho Outdoors section -- it's the Ironman 70.3 again.
        >
        > Barclay Bay ramp and parking has been closed since Tuesday. Dam road will
        > be closed 8pm Thursday, through Saturday afternoon.
        >
        > Idaho 21 will be closed to eastbound traffic from 2 to 4:20 Saturday.
        >
        > I guess the good news is that we're not missing any morning wind with
        > the parade of cells coming through.
        > _____________
        > Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        > tva@...

      • Dan Bond
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 12, 2009
        A friend saw some of you kiting and took a few pics. Thought I would pass them on.

      • tony williams
        Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
          Hey all.
          Pretty strong wind this morning at LP.
          Arrived at 5:40 and on the water at 6:10. Kited till 8 and left just as Jason B was entering the water.  John B was putting up some nice lofty jumps and back rolls in both directions.  I am trying to get use to my new(but used) instinct and was not getting very high but had a great first day after getting the pin out of my hand on Tuesday.
          Winds were strongest at 7:00am and definately in the mid 20's
          Hope to see more of you out soon.
          Cheers,
          TW

          Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
            Agreed with Tony and CHris.

            I slept in and almost didn't go.  I woke up at 7:10 and said "too late to kite... better start working".  However, the strong winds outside my window (by Barber Park) lured me to check the sensors.  It looked good and I thought it might be one of those days that it keeps blowing and blowing.  And it did till 10:20 when Jon B, B-Rad, and I all came in as the wind was  shutting off.

            I got on the water at 8:00am and was overpowered on my 2004 17m Fuel.  The wind was strong for LP and gusty/punchy as the clouds were coming and going.  Lots of windsurfers out ripping. Whoever lent me there Allen wrench... thanks.  I would have been a hurtin unit as I would not have been able to depower as much.  The wind never let up till 10:10.  A little more than 2 good hours on the water.  I'm sore already.  Nice swell today by the cliffs.

            By the way... right before I went out Chris L. was absolutely ripping full speed right up to the beach at Barclay Bay.  Did you have a rocket engine on the back of your board.  I noticed your top speed of 32MPH.. what gives?

            P.S.S.  Word up on the telephone connection for the windmeter at Barclay Bay?  That thing was spinning like crazy when I arrived.  Can't wait to see some real numbers on days like this.

            -JBrick

            Message 6 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
               Nice strong wind again this morning. A 12m would have been the choice kite but from 7am to 8am I would have been able to go up wind on the 9m.  Steve L and John B also came out to play as well as 5 windsurfers. I hope more of you can get out and play. The sun is up by 5:45 and so is the wind.
              Cheers,
              Tony

              Message 7 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
                Tony is telling the truth Jon and I arrived just before 7;00 and I could of used my 9m for the first 1/2 hour but 12m work tell well after 10;00 when Jon a I got off the water . it was still blowing a strong 14m at 10;30 when we left . this was one of those rare days we only see a few time a year . Tomorrow maybe the last day because Thursday looks iffy BUT Friday is calling for a good chance of wind in the afternoon .

                Message 8 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
                  Correction I meant to say Thursday night looks bad weather wise witch means Friday morning mite not be any good but Friday afternoon looks windy , but tomorrow Thursday morning maybe good at LP. whitch is what I meant to say when I said tomorrow maybe the last day becouase Thursday looks iffy , that should read Friday morning looks iffy . and on and on .