Re: [snowkiteidaho] Lucky Peak

    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 9 8:19 AM
      Lucky indeed!!!

      Sent from
      Eddy Petranek

      On Jun 8, 2009, at 8:08 PM, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Hopin to get Lucky in the Morning

      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 9 8:43 AM
        You're such a tease.  While the numbers looked good at LP, the clouds on the horizon and the NW flow in Caldwell kept me away.  DAMN..... I wish our weather station was working.

        How strong was it and how long did it last?

        -JBrick

        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 9 9:06 AM
          I got there at 7:30 and it was blowing more from the south at 22ish. Took Boat up to get Dan out. Went up to the Cove so that I could teach him how to get out on his own. Once he got going it was probably 8:15 before I made it out.

          Winds backed off a little 17ish. Played on far side and then cloud moved in and it dropped to 13ish. Made it back to the Cove and Dan made it to Barclay.

          Done by 9:10 and a few drops of rain.

          It was Fun and better then sleeping in or going to work.

          Looks like Barclay will be shut down this afternoon thru weekend for IronMan event. Weather this week looks like the same as last week so we should not miss anything. Or at least I hope we don't miss anything.

          Wind meter was pegged at 20. when I pulled up this morning. It would have been nice to see that reading on internet.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 30, 2015
            Looks like Friday , Saturday ,and Sunday strong possibility of wind and not to cold . If you go write and tell me all about it . still to cold for me  .
            Steve Linane providing Ceramic Tile Installation in the Treasure Valley for 35 years .
            713-7197
          • Chris Lee
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 30, 2015
              I may head up on Saturday if the numbers look good...

              On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Steve Linane <itile@...> wrote:
              Looks like Friday , Saturday ,and Sunday strong possibility of wind and not to cold . If you go write and tell me all about it . still to cold for me  .
              Steve Linane providing Ceramic Tile Installation in the Treasure Valley for 35 years .
              713-7197

              Best regards,
              Chris Lee.
            • Will Hise

                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 30, 2015
                  Looks like the weather station is not reporting data since about noon today... :-(
                  If other numbers look promising, I may head up and see what's going on in the (Fri) morning.  Otherwise, it will be Sat morning before I can get up there.

                  On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 2:44 PM, STEVE <sbakerdvm@...> wrote:
                  Yes, the river surfing is good for a quick little rush and workout (especially if you are regular foot--the eddy on the left side of the wave where the reg foot crew jumps in is burlier than the goofy foot side).  It's not kiting, but if you just have a little time on the way to work, it's pretty awesome.
                  Plus when it's in, it's in.  No lulls or gusts!

                  Currently in a 5 ml with hood, gloves, booties.

                  Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:49:04 -0600
                  Subject: Re: [BSA] Lucky Peak
                  From: bzrussell@...
                  To: will.hise@...
                  CC: leelinfat@...; itile@...; boisesailors@...

                  I'm counting on Sat.!!
                    Betsy

                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 30, 2015

                    Hello Chris,

                    Let me know if I can help.

                    -Jason Brickner

                    208-475-4670

                    Message 9 of 29 , May 1, 2015
                      Thanks to whomever fixed the sensor. It lured me up this morning. All rigged and ready and the wind just shut off. Doh!

                      Maybe tomorrow.

                      On Thursday, April 30, 2015, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                      Hello Chris,

                      Let me know if I can help.

                      -Jason Brickner

                      208-475-4670

                      Message 10 of 29 , May 1, 2015
                        I went up and just need to press the power button and turn on the hotspot.  There must have been an extended period of power outage up there...doing a search on the web seems to indicate the battery is rated to last 6 hours but some suggested it will last only about 4 hours with normal usage.
                        I can't seem to find any support to allow it to automatically turn on when the wall charger has power.  That would be a nice feature to have and we won't need someone to physically there to press the button.

                        Anyway, it was marginally when I was up there and looks like it may fill in around 7:30 a.m... but it was still cold and didn't feel like messing around so went to work early.  Hope it happens tomorrow... we'll see.

                        BTW, the air temp measured by my car seems to match the highland summit temperature better than the reported Barclay temperature from our weather station.

                        Message 11 of 29 , May 11
                          Numbers look great. Heading up...

                          Best regards,
                          Chris Lee
                        • Chris Lee
                          Message 12 of 29 , May 11
                            The water is a fair bit colder than Indian Creek and you don't want to be in the water for too long.
                            I did manage to hit the driftwood in couple occasions.
                            And there were a lot of fisher boats out (I counted about 10) and they often troll along the same line where I want to bear off to get to plane.  Because of that and the holes by the dam, it took me a while to get up to the channel.
                            Once I got up to the channel, it was fine.
                            Overall the wind was not as solid as I had hoped for but it's still nice to be on the water.
                            I may keep an eye out for potential Friday afternoon wind at ICR... probably not as strong as last couple Fridays.

                            On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Betsy Russell <bzrussell@...> wrote:
                            It was fun! I launched at Turner, while Chris launched from the bottom of the Barclay ramp - too steep there for me. I had a nice easy launch, but when I headed in at the end after some big holes developed around 8:30 (i was up canyon), I had a heck of a hula-balancing-test slog in, all the way through the wind shadow back into Turner. The water is quite cold (though my new wetsuit was toasty), and I wasn't relishing the idea of a long swim, but thankfully I kept my balance through all the contortions and made it all the way in.
                              There's some driftwood in the water, but it was mostly small; worth keeping an eye out for, though.
                              I was on my usual 5.5. It felt absolutely GREAT to get back out on the water!
                              Betsy