RE: [snowkiteidaho] Weather Station

    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 2, 2009
      Hey Eddy... I agree.  This morning would have been a good test.  The wind was ripping from the SE last night when I drove by the diversion dam.  Too bad for the rain and clouds.  I would love to have seen the numbers at the trailer this morning.

      Does Jim know about the time constraint we are under?

      Are you going some place kiteable for the HM?  What does CF have for light wind boards?  The more I think about my board, the more I think it has too much rocker for the light winds at LP.

      -JBrick

      From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net>
      Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:45:59 -0600
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session

      Any word on the phone line ?

      From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
      Date:  Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:06:08 -0000
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject:  [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday  session

      If it is not  raining tomorrow might be a possibility at LP. I'll go regardless of cloud  cover tomorrow just cause of a  hunch.

      Eddy

    • geardaddyllc
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 9, 2010
        11:30 departure from Alby's if anyone wants in on a ride

        Eddy
        863-6966
      • geardaddyllc
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
          Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...

          Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...

          Eddy
        • tony williams
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
            Well just looked at the camera for 9:27 picture and the wind sock was hanging straight down.
            I brought my gear but won't be heading out till 2:00

          • darrelthomas@cableone.net
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
              If it happens, it's gonna be a Last Resort or Secret Spot day. Deerhaven is the site to watch. Alas, the 9:44 report was 0g6. If it comes on, J & I will stop in on our way to the Snowkite Masters. Departing around 2 too.

              Darrel Thomas
              Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
                  Running late leaving at 1 now...
                  :-(

                • darrelthomas@cableone.net

                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                      yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                      It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                      I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I'll try cause it looks strong.

                      Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                      208-863-6966

                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                        I got a look at the pine turn off cam and we got snow all the tracks are filled in , but the funny thing was the road didn't have a trace of snow on it .It sounds like Tuesday was about the same as Monday we flew Last Resort on a west and I personally don't think it works as well  as east . But there was a little more then a trace of snow I would say 3 inches over rock hard but laying out very smooth no bumps or ruts , even on a snowboard it was very doable . there was 3 guys out there filming so I though I would get in the action . So I throw a front roll with a grab and a down loop nice and close about over there heads and they ask me , some what politely to go away , they said they were trying to do some video . and as I talk to some of the other out of stators I got the impression there aren't to friendly or I was wasn't cool enough or something , but this is just one time and a few people so the jury is still out . ( well ya , it bent my little feelers )

                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                          Hey Steve-O...Cheer up...I still like you :-)

                          Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                          208-863-6966

                          I got a look at the pine turn off cam and we got snow all the tracks are filled in , but the funny thing was the road didn't have a trace of snow on it .It sounds like Tuesday was about the same as Monday we flew Last Resort on a west and I personally don't think it works as well  as east . But there was a little more then a trace of snow I would say 3 inches over rock hard but laying out very smooth no bumps or ruts , even on a snowboard it was very doable . there was 3 guys out there filming so I though I would get in the action . So I throw a front roll with a grab and a down loop nice and close about over there heads and they ask me , some what politely to go away , they said they were trying to do some video . and as I talk to some of the other out of stators I got the impression there aren't to friendly or I was wasn't cool enough or something , but this is just one time and a few people so the jury is still out . ( well ya , it bent my little feelers )
                          yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                          It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                          I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I' ll try cause it looks strong.

                          Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                          208-863-6966

                          On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:20 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:

                          Running late leaving at 1 now...
                          :-(

                          --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                          > Gonna give it another hour to develop, new ETD 12pm
                          >
                          > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                          > geardaddyllc@ ...
                          > 208-863-6966
                          >
                          > On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:29 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:
                          >
                          > > Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...
                          > >
                          > > Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...
                          > >
                          > > Eddy

                        • Kay Walst6on
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                            me too Steve....and you're the best kiter ever!  So there!  Out of state out of schmate...why I oughta get a hold of those young whipper snappers and spank em!......

                            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                            Realtor - Top Producer
                            Boise, ID. 83706
                            208-860-5053 - cell
                            208-331-6833 - e-fax

                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010

                              thanks you guys I feel better now

                              yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                              It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                              I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I' ll try cause it looks strong.

                              Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              208-863-6966

                              On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:20 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:

                              Running late leaving at 1 now...
                              :-(

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                              > Gonna give it another hour to develop, new ETD 12pm
                              >
                              > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              > geardaddyllc@ ...
                              > 208-863-6966
                              >
                              > On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:29 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:
                              >
                              > > Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...
                              > >
                              > > Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...
                              > >
                              > > Eddy

                            • tony williams
                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                                Some soft snow would be nice as my face lost a few layers on Tuesday from a landing that turned into a forward faceplant.
                                Face full of blood is definately a good way to scare off the beginners, But overall it was a really good day.

                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 25, 2010
                                  Come on Tony, The blood did not make you look that much worse!!!

                                  ;-)

                                  Sent from
                                  Eddy Petranek

                                  On Feb 24, 2010, at 10:06 PM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                                  Some soft snow would be nice as my face lost a few layers on Tuesday from a landing that turned into a forward faceplant.
                                  Face full of blood is definately a good way to scare off the beginners, But overall it was a really good day.

                                  yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                                  It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                                  I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I' ll try cause it looks strong.

                                  Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                  208-863-6966

                                  On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:20 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:

                                  Running late leaving at 1 now...
                                  :-(

                                  --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                                  > Gonna give it another hour to develop, new ETD 12pm
                                  >
                                  > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                  > geardaddyllc@ ...
                                  > 208-863-6966
                                  >
                                  > On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:29 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...
                                  > >
                                  > > Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...
                                  > >
                                  > > Eddy

                                • Scott Cryder
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 25, 2010
                                    Ewww! Tony  That happened to me a couple if weeks ago skiing. Now I'm scab face!

                                    Sent from my iPhone