Tuesday session

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2009
      If it is not raining tomorrow might be a possibility at LP. I'll go regardless of cloud cover tomorrow just cause of a hunch.

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2009
        Sounds good I'll bring the boat. Call me 6:45

        Sent from
        Eddy Petranek

        On Jun 1, 2009, at 9:59 AM, Dan Bond <dannjen@...> wrote:

        Tuesday monring works for me, what time are you thinking of going up? If it looks iffy I will probably bailout at 8:00am so I don't have to take time off from work.

        Wed and Thurs are also good mornings.

        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 2, 2009
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session Raining...

          Forecast has changed a little so tomorrow looks promising

          From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
          Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:06:08 -0000
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 2, 2009
            Any word on the phone line ?
            Forecast has changed a little so tomorrow looks promising

            From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
            Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:06:08 -0000
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 2, 2009
              Weather Station Yeah real bummer.... I still have not gotten a response from ACE.
              I guess that, since I’m not president and have no pull, they no longer need to communicate with me, Jim has taken over!
              I would have liked to have finished this one but, now ACE is being pursued by others on this??? I’m out of the loop!!!

              My BSA presidential legacy is failing miserably. :-(  ...

              But, I’m getting married in 19 days :-) and advancing my grandest and most important legacy. :-) :-) :-)

              ...like I have time. I can not tell you when.  Jim said a couple weeks. WTF? 3 weeks I’m on HM and not thinking about LP, just getting lucky ;-)

              I’ve got ~2 weeks left to “Git’R Done”, then CYA in July.

              Believe me, I want it in. I don’t know why heels are now dragging? This morning would have been the tester for sure. I think it was working but.....

              EdD ;-/

              From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@...>
              Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:45:59 -0600
              To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

              Any word on the phone line ?

              Forecast has changed a little so  tomorrow looks promising

              From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
              Date:  Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:06:08 -0000
              To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 2, 2009
                Hey Eddy... I agree.  This morning would have been a good test.  The wind was ripping from the SE last night when I drove by the diversion dam.  Too bad for the rain and clouds.  I would love to have seen the numbers at the trailer this morning.

                Does Jim know about the time constraint we are under?

                Are you going some place kiteable for the HM?  What does CF have for light wind boards?  The more I think about my board, the more I think it has too much rocker for the light winds at LP.

                -JBrick

                From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net>
                Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:45:59 -0600
                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                Any word on the phone line ?

                Forecast has changed a little so  tomorrow looks promising

                From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
                Date:  Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:06:08 -0000
                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                If it is not  raining tomorrow might be a possibility at LP. I'll go regardless of cloud  cover tomorrow just cause of a  hunch.

                Eddy

              • geardaddyllc
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 9, 2010
                  11:30 departure from Alby's if anyone wants in on a ride

                  Eddy
                  863-6966
                • geardaddyllc
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
                    Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...

                    Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...

                    Eddy
                  • tony williams
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
                      Well just looked at the camera for 9:27 picture and the wind sock was hanging straight down.
                      I brought my gear but won't be heading out till 2:00

                    • darrelthomas@cableone.net
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
                        If it happens, it's gonna be a Last Resort or Secret Spot day. Deerhaven is the site to watch. Alas, the 9:44 report was 0g6. If it comes on, J & I will stop in on our way to the Snowkite Masters. Departing around 2 too.

                        Darrel Thomas
                        Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 23, 2010
                            Running late leaving at 1 now...
                            :-(

                          • darrelthomas@cableone.net

                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                                yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                                It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                                I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I'll try cause it looks strong.

                                Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                208-863-6966

                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                                  I got a look at the pine turn off cam and we got snow all the tracks are filled in , but the funny thing was the road didn't have a trace of snow on it .It sounds like Tuesday was about the same as Monday we flew Last Resort on a west and I personally don't think it works as well  as east . But there was a little more then a trace of snow I would say 3 inches over rock hard but laying out very smooth no bumps or ruts , even on a snowboard it was very doable . there was 3 guys out there filming so I though I would get in the action . So I throw a front roll with a grab and a down loop nice and close about over there heads and they ask me , some what politely to go away , they said they were trying to do some video . and as I talk to some of the other out of stators I got the impression there aren't to friendly or I was wasn't cool enough or something , but this is just one time and a few people so the jury is still out . ( well ya , it bent my little feelers )

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                                    Hey Steve-O...Cheer up...I still like you :-)

                                    Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                    208-863-6966

                                    I got a look at the pine turn off cam and we got snow all the tracks are filled in , but the funny thing was the road didn't have a trace of snow on it .It sounds like Tuesday was about the same as Monday we flew Last Resort on a west and I personally don't think it works as well  as east . But there was a little more then a trace of snow I would say 3 inches over rock hard but laying out very smooth no bumps or ruts , even on a snowboard it was very doable . there was 3 guys out there filming so I though I would get in the action . So I throw a front roll with a grab and a down loop nice and close about over there heads and they ask me , some what politely to go away , they said they were trying to do some video . and as I talk to some of the other out of stators I got the impression there aren't to friendly or I was wasn't cool enough or something , but this is just one time and a few people so the jury is still out . ( well ya , it bent my little feelers )
                                    yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                                    It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                                    I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I' ll try cause it looks strong.

                                    Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                    208-863-6966

                                    On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:20 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:

                                    Running late leaving at 1 now...
                                    :-(

                                    --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                                    > Gonna give it another hour to develop, new ETD 12pm
                                    >
                                    > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                    > geardaddyllc@ ...
                                    > 208-863-6966
                                    >
                                    > On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:29 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...
                                    > >
                                    > > Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...
                                    > >
                                    > > Eddy

                                  • Kay Walst6on
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                                      me too Steve....and you're the best kiter ever!  So there!  Out of state out of schmate...why I oughta get a hold of those young whipper snappers and spank em!......

                                      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                                      Realtor - Top Producer
                                      Boise, ID. 83706
                                      208-860-5053 - cell
                                      208-331-6833 - e-fax

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010

                                        thanks you guys I feel better now

                                        yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                                        It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                                        I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I' ll try cause it looks strong.

                                        Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                        208-863-6966

                                        On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:20 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:

                                        Running late leaving at 1 now...
                                        :-(

                                        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                                        > Gonna give it another hour to develop, new ETD 12pm
                                        >
                                        > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                        > geardaddyllc@ ...
                                        > 208-863-6966
                                        >
                                        > On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:29 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...
                                        > >
                                        > > Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...
                                        > >
                                        > > Eddy

                                      • tony williams
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Feb 24, 2010
                                          Some soft snow would be nice as my face lost a few layers on Tuesday from a landing that turned into a forward faceplant.
                                          Face full of blood is definately a good way to scare off the beginners, But overall it was a really good day.

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Feb 25, 2010
                                            Come on Tony, The blood did not make you look that much worse!!!

                                            ;-)

                                            Sent from
                                            Eddy Petranek

                                            On Feb 24, 2010, at 10:06 PM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                                            Some soft snow would be nice as my face lost a few layers on Tuesday from a landing that turned into a forward faceplant.
                                            Face full of blood is definately a good way to scare off the beginners, But overall it was a really good day.

                                            yesterday turned into a really fun day. Blue skies but cold and rock hard snow with dust on top.

                                            It looks pretty nice up there right now did anyone go? Not sure if it got snow or not???

                                            I'll be ready for session Saturday/Sunday I don't think I'll make it back in time for Friday session...I' ll try cause it looks strong.

                                            Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                            208-863-6966

                                            On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:20 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:

                                            Running late leaving at 1 now...
                                            :-(

                                            --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                                            > Gonna give it another hour to develop, new ETD 12pm
                                            >
                                            > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                            > geardaddyllc@ ...
                                            > 208-863-6966
                                            >
                                            > On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:29 AM, geardaddyllc wrote:
                                            >
                                            > > Watching the wind, possible early departure at 11. Today looks real promising until the big storm moves in, but current wind reading is not available??? Not sure why all meters are late but I have faith...
                                            > >
                                            > > Suckers include, but not limited to: Eddy, Billy, "Little" John, ...
                                            > >
                                            > > Eddy

                                          • Scott Cryder
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Feb 25, 2010
                                              Ewww! Tony  That happened to me a couple if weeks ago skiing. Now I'm scab face!

                                              Sent from my iPhone