Re: [BSA] Fwd: FW: CRAPO TO ADDRESS ENERGY, SALMON, WATER ISSUES, LAKE LOWELL

    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2009
      Re: [BSA] Fwd: FW: CRAPO TO ADDRESS ENERGY, SALMON, WATER ISSUES, LAKE LOWELL
      12pm at Lake Lowell

      Be there if you want to help us save it. Even if you don’t like the kites I bet Windsurfing is next.....:-(

      Eddy

      JB what is your phone number

      From: Kiter - Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...>
      Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:45:45 -0600
      To: Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@...>, Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>, <idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [BSA] Fwd: FW: CRAPO TO ADDRESS ENERGY, SALMON, WATER ISSUES, LAKE LOWELL

      ATTENTION KITERS & WINDSURFERS:

      See last paragraph below concerning Senator Crapo's public meeting w/ Deerflat FWS managers.  It's at noon at the LOWER dam (the western-most dam that the cars drive across...it's NOT the dam just west of Gott Point).  It would be helpful to our cause if we could get a big turnout for this meeting, and surprise everyone w/ size of our user community.  If at all possible, please try to attend.  There will be members of the press & other media attending.  If we could get a big turnout, here's how I think we could use that.  Sounds like the Manzanita Beach gig is off and Gorge not likely to be going off, so those of you bailing on those plans, please try to attend.

      I'm told the meeting will have three general parts.  Doesn't sound like a set agenda, but I'm guessing it will be in this order.  Senator Crapo will offer his remarks, the western region director of FWS Refuges will explain the upcoming "Comprehensive Conservation Plan" process, and local elected & business & boating community officials will have responses.  The meeting was originally setup to be about motor boating on the lake, so most of the time time will be used to highlight issues related to that user community.  However, after the Regional FWS official says his piece, there will  no doubt be an opportunity to comment and ask questions.  If there are a lot or boaters there, we'll be competing for time to get a word in, so if we get lots of kiter/windsurfer participation it'll be important we don't all jump in and each try to say something.  I'm told we should plan to have time for only one person to speak, and if we all try to jump in that'll just fragment our time and risk diluting our message.  I'm preparing some key questions & comments that I plan to force into the discussion.  I'd welcome any inputs you may have.  Let me get those on the table, and once that's done, then jump in and be vocal and reinforce.  It would be fantastic if we surprised them with how many of us there are.

      Let me know any inputs you have & hope to see as many of you there as possible.

      Jon