RE: [snowkiteidaho] 2006 water season..

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12, 2006
      Count me in... I don't want to miss out...

      -Jason
      Cell-830-9953

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20, 2006

        Too All:

        I woke up this morning and looked outside.  It was a beautiful sunny spring morning and windy from the east.  Since I live next to Barber park, the wheels started spinning.

        I went downstairs and hoped onto the computer.  I saw the following for Lucky Peak RAWS:

        09:30am                            42  29  62  NNW  9 G17
        08:30am                            37  28  70  NNW 13 G21
        07:30am                            33  26  77  NW  14 G23
        06:30am                            33  26  76  NNW 15 G20

        I decided to go see it for myself.  All the way up the canyon there were whitecaps in the river.  When I got to the top of the dam I looked down.  The water looked like a chocolate milkshake.  There were 2-3ft swells and

        and frothy foam on the downwind side of the reservoir.  You could see the wind coming down the resovoir.  It was roaring in my ears... had to have been blowing 18-22mph.  The water looked like a washboard from up above.  It was totally brown and still down about 50-70 feet.  However, the kitebeach up the canyon is still available.  I should have checked the water temp.  I think it is doable... but I'm too chicken to try it alone.  When did you guys start hitting LP last year?

        How does tomorrow afternoon look for Indian Creek?  If there are no thunderstorms, what do you guys think?

        Friday: Increasing clouds. Highs 71 to 79. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon.

        -Jason

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2006
          I'm back from Russia... Not enough snow left there to do anything, but Flying over Greenland looks like infinite possibilities.

          I'm still a little to chicken for water temp at LP.  I would do Indian Creek but don't have water kite yet. I I'll be getting a demo Bow kite from Airush for us to try.

          In the mean time headed to Fairfield today at 9:30am Sat for one last session on Snow/ First real session on Water kinda thing.

          Eddy

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2006
              Where is Canyon Ferry?  How was the wind/launch?  Did you windsurf or kiteboard?

              -Jason

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 22, 2006
                Kiteboarded on my new 14 Octane today...I am planning on having carnal relations with it tonight! Canyon Ferry is a 28 mile long lake near Helena, Montana. The wind today was 15-20 out of the NE, the launch was a sandy beach near Goose Bay (South East end of the lake. The water is low now, so we kite buggied and I kited of shore in the smooth stuff!

                                                             Keith
                http://www.recreation.gov/detail.cfm?ID=130