Fw: [idahokiteboarding] Belize trip

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 5:14 PM
      Back from Belize and wish you all could have been there.
      I am not saying that it is the best kiting spot ever but it is pretty darn good.
      I had booked a place that I had stayed at 10 years ago and then find out later that is now the location of the only kite business in the country. Just a small stand where they rent equipment and give windsurfing and kiting lessons. I rented the 2009 Cab Convert 12 and Switchblade 14.
      The wind was blowing over 15mph for 5 of the 8 days I was there but I only kited 2 days as I really went there for the scuba diving and to go to guatamala to see Tikal the Mayan site.
      The water was near 88 in most areas because it is so shallow but the bottom is all sand so very turqoius and clean.

      Air temp was 78 at 6AM and 84 by 3pm. Wind blew the same all the time so on the days I kited, I started really early(before breakfast)as the launch area was only 2 line lengths from my villa patio. Also kited in moon light as it was very clear that night.
      Best part about the area is that Anita could sit at the beach bar or at the pool or hot tub and watch me kite and was still close enough to the waters edge that I could come over and ask her to get me something from the room with out having to put the kite down.

      Also there is only 1 local kiter besides the 2 people that work at the kite stand so don't expect to see any other kiters period.
      Anyway, I will put some pics out on the idahokiteboarding site for those that want to see the layout.