Re: Weather Station Pledges Received

    Message 1 of 22 , May 6, 2009
      Re: Weather Station Pledges Received Weather station is at my house.  This is what has been received while I was gone. So the weather station is paid for. We still are short on received pledges to pay for monthly Service and Beach clean up party.

      Those who have promised and have not ponyed up yet???  You know who you are!!!

      5/5 received Pledges – Total $298.32
      $10 - Chris Nichols
      $10 - Jim VanDerHeyden
      $10 – Bill Hemphill
      $10 – Bruce Taylor
      $10 – Brian Gerhard
      $10 - Tom Cavaiani
      $10 - Guadalupe Perez
      $10.38 - Joseph Doyle – Paypal fees

      4/30 Received Pledges – Total $217.94

      $40 - Bruce Robb
      $20 - Dan & Jennifer Bond
      $10 – Chris Lee

      Update: Total collected = $147.94

      4/29/09 Payments received from:
      $19.12 - Jack Harrison  & Tom Codd– Paypal fees
      $20 - Kay Walston & Scott Cryder
      $10 – Betsy Russell
      $10 – Mark Westerdoll
      $10 – Mike Zolin
      $9.41 – Jason Brickner – Paypal fees
      $9.41 – Achim Hill – Paypal fees

      I’ll order the station hopefully next week. Thanks to all who have made Quick payments!
      The rest of you slow pokes ...step up ;-)

      I can also take paypal payments at epetranek@...

      or

      Mail checks to:

      Eddy Petranek
      3256 E. Red Stone Dr.
      Boise, ID 83712

      4/27  - $60 total received
      $10 - Nickolas Hadjokas

      Pledges received as of 4/26 :

      $10 - Steve Linane
      $10 - Steve Baker
      $10 - Bill McMaster
      $20 - Eddy & Laura

      $50 - Total

      I’m posting for transparency!

      Eddy

      I will purchase unit once we hit $200 mark. I forgot to add in the $10/month dial up service fee to needed monies. (~$50 for 5 months) so this will come out of Beach party budget, if we get there.

      I propose we have the Beach clean up Party mid-May, and official annual transfer of powers to the next:
      Jim VanDerHeyden - President
      Jon Bolt – Vice President
      Message 2 of 22 , May 7, 2009
        Hello Eddy,

        Let me know when you get it all hooked up and working and we can connect the PC and get it talking to the outside.  I wonder if we get free dialup service with our Qwest DSL accounts.  I'll check.  FOr the time being we can just let the weather station broadcast our your internet for testing.

        Let's try to hook up this weekend.

        -JBrick

        I can also take paypal payments at epetranek@gmail. com

        Message 3 of 22 , May 10, 2009
          Re: Weather Station Pledges Received 5/10 received pledges - $397.23:
          $10 - Jim Shultz
          $10.38 - Tom von Alten – Paypal Fees
          $19.12 - Joseph Woodland – Paypal Fees
          $10 - Jim Tighe
          $20 - Paul Wiggins
          $9.41 - Richard Caldwell – Paypal Fees
          $10 - Chris Philps
          $10 - J Jordan

          Weather Station Purchase - ($267.89)

          Items for remainder of funds - Balance = $129.34 (hey, we should be in the Black):
          • Monthly service - ?
          • Mounting equipment - ?
          • Keyboard/Mouse/LCD monitor - ?
          • Beach Clean Up Party - ?

          If no one has an objection, I recommend BSA should maintain an account with minimum $100 Balance for future expenses?
          The next president can pick someone to, or I can, maintain the open account. I propose we keep this open email policy on spending/receiving balances.

          I’m volunteering to maintain weather station, unless someone else would like that duty.

          Thanks to everyone who has donated...it is not to late to add your dollar to this mission.

          Eddy
          BSA Prez for one more week :-(
          It has been fun!!! And Many things have been Accomplished
          -Dock location
          -Relocation of Serpentina
          -Sign Relocation
          -Weather Station
          -Beach Restoration
          -Rock/Sand/Pebble Relocations

          I think the future of Barclay bay is looking Bright for our Sports.
          I can envision a Beach that goes out to the point with White sand.
          All it take is a little hope and determination.

           ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

          Message 4 of 22 , May 10, 2009
            Re: Weather Station Pledges Received Does anyone have an older Windows Laptop that they would want to donate or sell to the group for the Weather Station Project?

            A simple laptop has all the features we would need. Plus it is easier to schedule for it to go into sleep/hibernation mode versus leaving the unit running 24/7. Which I’m sure will result in the frequent death or malfunction from over-heating (mid Day) of the Desktop PC.

            I’ve found a few on Craigslist for ~$100 but checking with group first.

            Let me know ASAP if one is available.

            Eddy

              From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
              Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:01:45 -0600
              To: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>, Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>, Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com>

               ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______

              Message 6 of 22 , May 11, 2009
                Re: Weather Station Pledges Received Thanks Chris but Billy McMaster beat you to the punch and provided the exact same machine last night.

                Appreciate it thou.

                Everything is hooked up now...waiting for A.C.E. To provide pole to mount stuff and actual phone connection.
                Hopefully by weekend.

                Eddy

                From: "Lee, Chris (CEFS - BOISE)" <c.lee@...>
                Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 04:40:17 +0000
                To: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>

                How soon do you need one?  I may have one that you can have but the battery doesn't hold charge for too long.  Also, I probably need a little time to wipe the data from the machine.

                It's a Compaq Evo N610c.

                Best regards,

                Chris Lee.

                Message 7 of 22 , May 11, 2009
                  Re: Weather Station Pledges Received

                  Just a comment…..While storage may be a problem, a back up machine (that uses similar battery, etc) may come in handy….

                  Jack

                  Message 8 of 22 , May 11, 2009
                    Good point. A backup unit would be great.

                    Sent from
                    Eddy Petranek

                    Message 9 of 22 , May 18, 2009
                      Re: Weather Station Pledges Received Weather Station is so close...waiting on phone line. Does any one have recent dialup account experience? Like which service is the best?

                      Updated pledges 5/18/09 – Total Received - $419.23
                      $10 – Russell Hadley
                      $10 – Jon Bolt

                      Beach party funds for Drinks, Snacks, and Garbage Sacks ($32.72)

                      Account Balance: $116.62

                      Items to pay for:
                      ? - Shelf for PC in pump house
                      ? - Monthly internet service

                      ???Lightning Rods ???

                      Special Thanks to Laptops Donated by:
                      Billy McMaster
                      Chris Lee

                      If all works well we can add webcam next. But more funds will be required.

                      I’ll be back next week to hook everything up.

                      Asta La Vista,
                      Eddy

                      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                    • Donald S. Cryder
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 18, 2009
                        Eddy,  Where do I send my $10.00  Make a check out to? Scott Cryder

                        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___

                        Message 11 of 22 , May 18, 2009
                          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Weather Station Pledges Received Kay got you already.  Scan down list little.

                          From: "Donald S. Cryder" <dscryder@...>
                          Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:37:28 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 22 , May 30, 2009
                            Re: Weather Station Pledges Received Weather Station is Ready to go...But ACE is not returning my calls on telephone line to upload data....Try again Monday

                            Latest pledges received from:
                            $10 - Jim Bates
                            $20 – Valerie Grimes & Steve Justus

                            Account Balance: $146.62

                            From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                            Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:40:57 -0600
                            To: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>, Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>, Boise Sailors <BoiseSailors@...>
                            Conversation: Weather Station Pledges Received