Fw: [BSA] Fw: Please no kiteboard ban

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      Ron says it so well
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 2:54 PM
      Subject: RE: [BSA] Fw: Please no kiteboard ban

      Elaine actually comes to the heart of the issue.   Wildlife refuge is an oxymoron.   Wildlife refuges were created not as a refuge for wildlife, but as a place were people can go to hunt and fish.

      If you could figure out a way to kill wildlife with winsdurf or kite boards you might be in business.  Perhaps if you drag a line behind the board with a fish hook?

      The fact that our sport is harmless to wild life and the environment if the very reason it is prohibited in the perverse logic of the feds!!!!!

      Don't you just LOVE our federal government?

      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2009
        ...I think Rod is being facetious and simply sharing the same frustration we have.  See http://www.fws.gov/refuges/ and click on "Learn More..."

        "The National Wildlife Refuge System, managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, is the world's premier system of public lands and waters set aside to conserve America's fish, wildlife and plants. Since President Theodore Roosevelt designated Florida's Pelican Island as the first wildlife refuge in 1903, the System has grown to more than 150 million acres, 550 national wildlife refuges and other units of the Refuge System, plus 37 wetland management districts.

        I think their purpose may be to preserve wildlife for more than just hunters & fisherpeople...

        Ron says it so well