FW: kite boards need a sticker?

  • Jack Harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2009

      After apparently “getting it wrong” when I responded to Eddy that sailboards under 10-feet didn’t need a sticker, I asked Mike Ferguson to send over the legislation (see below links and comments below).

      To avoid one of the definitions for “transport”  [3 : to send to a penal colony overseas] and/or possible torture of some undefined type….

      I think I will pay $25 for 3-sailboards and 2-kiteboard, and support this water quality management effort.

      Jack

      Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

      HyQual

      208-861-1654

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2009

        A state (or federal) requirement for licensing of sailboards and kiteboards (et al.) would most definitely be a new regulation. These HAVE been grouped with, treated as, unregulated as the "water toys" mentioned in Idaho Code 67-7003 (22).

        If it's time to grow up, that's fine, but it's my personal opinion that HB 213 did not explicitly do that.

        Was there ANY discussion of the specific question by the Legislature?

        Jack, if you want to make a voluntary contribution to help combat zebra mussels, good on ya, but to the extent that you propose to infer a requirement when none has been specifically enacted, I think you're setting a bad example.

        Mike's our state Economist after all, he should be all in favor of you sending him money.
        Tom von Alten
        http://fortboise.org/
        tva@...