Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas report

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 11, 2009
      Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas report Well I heard the fat lady sing...so I went kitesurfing @ the Mud puddle...ICR. Then the Fat Lady started singing there as well. I watched the tulles grow 2inches while I kited for an hour.  I did not find any water deeper than my knees, but it was nice and warm. 3 kites and that place is going to be over-crowded. But at last it will be done and not accessible in 2-4 weeks.  Unless we get some sort of deluge from the skies.

      I think I will hit RCR tomorrow.

      Eddy

      From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
      Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:11:17 -0000
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas report

      I'm willing to bet it is there by 2.  But will it be worth it???

      I'd go cause I think the curtain is crashing after today.

      Eddy

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 22, 2009
        the best opening day I can remember rode 12;00 to 3;00. Snow soft and light 1 to 2 feet . wind 15 to18  17to 20 smooth  no gust . weather clear sky's and a balmy 22 degrees . and there were about 20 kiters not all in the same spot and not all at the same time .  .  the forecast has changed for Wednesday...Mostly sunny. Highs 22 to 27. West winds up to 10 mph. Lowest wind chill readings around 10 below zero. so its wait and see
      • darrelthomas@cableone.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 22, 2009
          Tony and I took third shift and rode the sun down. Winds were lighter, but still an awesome start to the season!

          Glad I went. Got my doubts about tomorrow, but I'll be loaded and ready to go just the same.

          Darrel Thomas
          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 13, 2010
            Wind is 10+ at hyaterical site. Saw someone (Ryan?) working west side
            of last resort, wind was about the same as hyst. Site. We are going to
            fly n side hyst.

            Darrel Thomas
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 13, 2010
              Bumming,

              looks like I made a bad choice. The wind looks like it is maintaining and Darrel has not called to say it has died. :-(

              Sunday Afternoon heading up.   Sticking to my instinct this time unless it is raining.

              Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
              208-863-6966

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 13, 2010
                Eddy, Ya big puss. I can't believe you sat in the parking lot for an hour trying to decide! WTF? don't feel to bad though, rumor has it Billy drove half way then bailed. Poor Chris was with him and had to find another ride. I don't think he found one.

                Hope it doesn't rain on your parade tomorrow. (well deep down inside kinda hope it does. It'll serve you right!)

                Darrel Thomas
                Sent from my iPhone

                On Feb 13, 2010, at 12:33 PM, darrelthomas@ cableone. net wrote:

                Wind is 10+ at hyaterical site. Saw someone (Ryan?) working west side
                of last resort, wind was about the same as hyst. Site. We are going to
                fly n side hyst.

                Darrel Thomas
                Sent from my iPhone

              • jclivejordan
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 13, 2010
                  It was a nice day - not stellar by any means, but still fun, I kited for about 4 hours...

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 13, 2010
                    Jack and I  got in some OK riding at the big easy we did some Light wind jumping off the cliffs . it was worth the drive  . but good news is the snow was excellent . Tony you pulled up and then disappeared ? I cant make it tomorrow I will be busy hugging and kissing

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                    > Bumming,
                    >
                    > looks like I made a bad choice. The wind looks like it is maintaining and Darrel has not called to say it has died. :-(
                    >
                    > Sunday Afternoon heading up. Sticking to my instinct this time unless it is raining.
                    >

                    > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                    > geardaddyllc@ ...
                    > 208-863-6966
                    >
                    > On Feb 13, 2010, at 12:33 PM, darrelthomas@ ... wrote:
                    >
                    > > Wind is 10+ at hyaterical site. Saw someone (Ryan?) working west side
                    > > of last resort, wind was about the same as hyst. Site. We are going to
                    > > fly n side hyst.
                    > >
                    > > Darrel Thomas
                    > > Sent from my iPhone

                  • tony williams
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 14, 2010
                      Hey steve, I went to the snowmob park and kited with jay and darrel.

                      To any one going up today that live in Boise,  I am keen to go but have no wheels.
                      So if any one is feeling generous then give me a call at 340 4167
                      Cheers
                      tw

                      Jack and I  got in some OK riding at the big easy we did some Light wind jumping off the cliffs . it was worth the drive  . but good news is the snow was excellent . Tony you pulled up and then disappeared ? I cant make it tomorrow I will be busy hugging and kissing
                      It was a nice day - not stellar by any means, but still fun, I kited for about 4 hours...

                      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                      > Bumming,
                      >
                      > looks like I made a bad choice. The wind looks like it is maintaining and Darrel has not called to say it has died. :-(
                      >
                      > Sunday Afternoon heading up. Sticking to my instinct this time unless it is raining.
                      >

                      > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                      > geardaddyllc@ ...
                      > 208-863-6966
                      >
                      > On Feb 13, 2010, at 12:33 PM, darrelthomas@ ... wrote:
                      >
                      > > Wind is 10+ at hyaterical site. Saw someone (Ryan?) working west side
                      > > of last resort, wind was about the same as hyst. Site. We are going to
                      > > fly n side hyst.
                      > >
                      > > Darrel Thomas
                      > > Sent from my iPhone

                        Jack and I  got in some OK riding at the big easy we did some Light wind jumping off the cliffs . it was worth the drive  . but good news is the snow was excellent . Tony you pulled up and then disappeared ? I cant make it tomorrow I will be busy hugging and kissing
                        It was a nice day - not stellar by any means, but still fun, I kited for about 4 hours...

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                        > Bumming,
                        >
                        > looks like I made a bad choice. The wind looks like it is maintaining and Darrel has not called to say it has died. :-(
                        >
                        > Sunday Afternoon heading up. Sticking to my instinct this time unless it is raining.
                        >

                        > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                        > geardaddyllc@ ...
                        > 208-863-6966
                        >
                        > On Feb 13, 2010, at 12:33 PM, darrelthomas@ ... wrote:
                        >
                        > > Wind is 10+ at hyaterical site. Saw someone (Ryan?) working west side
                        > > of last resort, wind was about the same as hyst. Site. We are going to
                        > > fly n side hyst.
                        > >
                        > > Darrel Thomas
                        > > Sent from my iPhone

                      • Darrel Thomas
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 15, 2010
                          Miles and miles of untracked virgin...

                          Crust!
                          The wind crapped out before we got there, but after making an offering of beer to the kite gods, we had enough wind to make it fun. We kited at the snomo park. The snow was hard and fast, making for some great light wind big air out on the hills. Absolutely the BEST day so far..!

                          Darrel Thomas
                          Sent from my iPhone
                        • j clive
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 17, 2010
                            Yup it was totally worth it - http://kitesites.com/wp/2010/12/17/idahos-camas-is-open/

                            More on the way!

                            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

                            > Miles and miles of untracked virgin...
                            >

                            > Crust!
                            > The wind crapped out before we got there, but after making an offering of beer to the kite gods, we had enough wind to make it fun. We kited at the snomo park. The snow was hard and fast, making for some great light wind big air out on the hills. Absolutely the BEST day so far..!
                            >
                            > Darrel Thomas
                            > Sent from my iPhone

                          • Jack Harrison
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 17, 2010