Re: Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions

  • stevelinane
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
      Darren
      did you guys go Fri. ? what was it like ?
      Steve --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Smith" <darrensmith@...> wrote:

      > Ted Keyes and myself are leaving Twin Falls at 10:30. Hope to see you guys there. It's blowing like mad in the Magic Valley.
      > Darren
      > 208-539-7371

    • Nick Orlando
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
        I went up a little earlier than the main group and left around 1.
        darin and ted were up there flying already. the snow was perfect! soft
        and pretty fast. winds were nice at first but slowly got more mellow.
        it was 23 gusting to 27 when I first got there. mighthave been around
        20 when I left at 5? that was my only second and last session of the
        season! but what a blast!!!

        nick

        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
          Hey Brian,

          Sounds like you and the fam. have the scene dialed in nicely.  Looks like I should pickup a used 9m Fuel just to be safe.

          Hope to see you guys this summer at L.P.

          -Brick

          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
            Steve,
            Ted and I had an early start Friday and the wind was really blowing.  There was one point the wind was just too much for me (I'm on a 12m Ozone and weigh 140 pounds) so I made a little shelter with the kite out in the middle of no where and had a good half hour nap.  Ted was having the time of his life!  I need to pack diving weights or get a smaller kite.  Eventually the wind died down so it was more manageable.  I showed on the GPS 39 miles.  At the end of the day Ted was spent and I was having a blast (helps to have manageable winds),  I've decided a nap is the way to go on the Camas Prairie, especially when the winds are almost hitting 30.

          • Eddy
            Message 5 of 25 , May 7 5:10 AM
              Today is the day for sure but we might bet enough on Friday and Saturday.

              Winds should peak between 3-6

              I'm ready

              Eddy
            • Jack Harrison
              Message 6 of 25 , May 7 5:37 AM
                When, Where to??

                Anyone try RCR lately??? Closer, and maybe not quite as gusty?

                Jack
                Message 7 of 25 , May 7 7:34 AM
                  Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions Everything is Gusty on post frontal.

                  Depends how many want to go.  3 or less ICR. RCR might be a better choice Fri/Sat.

                  I’m game to go where ever.  If Carpooling is an option I’ll go to Bruneau

                  I’m thinking a 1-ish departure.

                  Eddy

                  From: Kiter - Jack Harrison <hyqual@...>
                  Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 06:37:33 -0600
                  To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 25 , May 8 11:19 AM
                    Thinking that RCR should be happening today Heading out about 2ish

                    Eddy