Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 3 10:32 AM
      Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions Based on current weather I don’t think waiting until 2:15 departure is a bad idea

      Eddy

      From: jim S <phiya1@...>
      Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:53:12 -0700
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions

      I can be at Alby's at 1:00.

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:29:49 -0600

      How does it look????? What kinda question is that? ;-)

      What time are we leaving? Better question!!!

      Eddy
      863-6966

      I'm ready to go anytime if we want to Carpool. I can hold 4 so once all
      seats are claimed &/or we are loaded let's go!!!

      Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out. <http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile1_042009>

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 3 1:39 PM
        Looks like I'm going to Maui in the middle of May.  Is my 11m Fuel going to be too big?  ANy suggestions on where to launch and where to kite?  Do I need a 9m Fuel?

        -Jason
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 3 2:33 PM
          OK, rub it in you lucky dog....

          Maui you generally want 9 (or maybe 7) for sweet spot.  11 will work fine on the lighter days.   The way you choke in your center lines, maybe the 11 can be made to work on the 7/9 days, but heaven help you if the center line breaks!  Take 15 too....so you're not at risk of spectating if rare light winds should hit.

          On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

          Looks like I'm going to Maui in the middle of May.  Is my 11m Fuel going to be too big?  ANy suggestions on where to launch and where to kite?  Do I need a 9m Fuel?

          -Jason

        • Brian Kerr
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 4 9:20 AM
            Just got back from a week on the north shore of Oahu. Garrett is going to school in Laie. We had an amazing week of 15-25 knot winds side on shore with a semi protected bay with 3-5 foot swell and breaking waves. Kited with 11M and 8M all week. Hukilau beach is pretty much unknown except to about a dozen locals so there is never a crowd. The other great thing is that you can rent a house or a studio right on the beach for $100-$300 per night.
            We stayed in a four bed 2 1/2 bath beach house with a closed garage to store kites for $250 a night.

            Your best bet for wind will always be Maui because of the geography but if you are spending time on Oahu check out Hukilau. Jon has kited a number of other area on Oahu and is a great resource. Garrett is available most afternoons to kite or can hook you up with boggie boarding, surfing or spear fishing on no wind days. I'll post a few pics of Garrett and the beach so you can check it out. Let me know if you need more info
            Brian Kerr
            861-7110
          • stevelinane
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 5 10:41 AM
              Darren
              did you guys go Fri. ? what was it like ?
              Steve --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Smith" <darrensmith@...> wrote:

              > Ted Keyes and myself are leaving Twin Falls at 10:30. Hope to see you guys there. It's blowing like mad in the Magic Valley.
              > Darren
              > 208-539-7371

            • Nick Orlando
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 5 11:51 AM
                I went up a little earlier than the main group and left around 1.
                darin and ted were up there flying already. the snow was perfect! soft
                and pretty fast. winds were nice at first but slowly got more mellow.
                it was 23 gusting to 27 when I first got there. mighthave been around
                20 when I left at 5? that was my only second and last session of the
                season! but what a blast!!!

                nick

                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 5 2:52 PM
                  Hey Brian,

                  Sounds like you and the fam. have the scene dialed in nicely.  Looks like I should pickup a used 9m Fuel just to be safe.

                  Hope to see you guys this summer at L.P.

                  -Brick

                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 5 4:39 PM
                    Steve,
                    Ted and I had an early start Friday and the wind was really blowing.  There was one point the wind was just too much for me (I'm on a 12m Ozone and weigh 140 pounds) so I made a little shelter with the kite out in the middle of no where and had a good half hour nap.  Ted was having the time of his life!  I need to pack diving weights or get a smaller kite.  Eventually the wind died down so it was more manageable.  I showed on the GPS 39 miles.  At the end of the day Ted was spent and I was having a blast (helps to have manageable winds),  I've decided a nap is the way to go on the Camas Prairie, especially when the winds are almost hitting 30.

                  • Eddy
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 7, 2009
                      Today is the day for sure but we might bet enough on Friday and Saturday.

                      Winds should peak between 3-6

                      I'm ready

                      Eddy
                    • Jack Harrison
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 7, 2009
                        When, Where to??

                        Anyone try RCR lately??? Closer, and maybe not quite as gusty?

                        Jack
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 7, 2009
                          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions Everything is Gusty on post frontal.

                          Depends how many want to go.  3 or less ICR. RCR might be a better choice Fri/Sat.

                          I’m game to go where ever.  If Carpooling is an option I’ll go to Bruneau

                          I’m thinking a 1-ish departure.

                          Eddy

                          From: Kiter - Jack Harrison <hyqual@...>
                          Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 06:37:33 -0600
                          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 25 , May 8, 2009
                            Thinking that RCR should be happening today Heading out about 2ish

                            Eddy