Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 2, 2009
      Looks like the wind has already made the shift.

      Friday looks better, but I could have my arm twisted today.

      Anyone?

      Eddy

      Saturday should be good as well...I just can not go :-(
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 2, 2009
        I am on for tomorrow if anyone can wait till the 2:15 departure time.  I am still dying to fly my new kite on land before I have to use it on the water.
        Cheers,
        TW

        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 2, 2009
          I am up for today, could be at Alby's 2:15?

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: tonyswilliams@...
          Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:53:42 -0700

          I am on for tomorrow if anyone can wait till the 2:15 departure time.  I am still dying to fly my new kite on land before I have to use it on the water.
          Cheers,
          TW

          Looks like the wind has already made the shift.

          Friday looks better, but I could have my arm twisted today.

          Anyone?

          Eddy

          Saturday should be good as well...I just can not go :-(

          Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 2, 2009
            Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions Right now it looks doable...but radar shows some ugly moving that way in an hour or so????

            Watching...waiting

            Eddy 863-6966

            From: jim S <phiya1@...>
            Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:07:22 -0700
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

            I am up for today, could be at Alby's 2:15?

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: tonyswilliams@...
            Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:53:42 -0700

            I am on for tomorrow if anyone can wait till the 2:15 departure time.  I am still dying to fly my new kite on land before I have to use it on the water.
            Cheers,
            TW

            Looks like the wind has already made the shift.

            Friday looks better, but I could have my arm twisted today.

            Anyone?

            Eddy

            Saturday should be good as well...I just can not go :-(

            Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.  Check it out. <http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Storage1_042009>

          • Darrel Thomas
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 2, 2009

              Not sure if I’ll be able to make it tomorrow.  If I can it would have to be 2:15 or later.  (I gotta pay the piper for the all the fun earlier in the week.)

              From: jim S <phiya1@...>
              Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:07:22 -0700
              To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

              I am up for today, could be at Alby's 2:15?

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: tonyswilliams@...
              Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:53:42 -0700

              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 2, 2009
                I'm still up for it...850-1709.

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: darrelthomas@...
                Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:22:26 -0600

                From: jim S <phiya1@live. com>
                Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:07:22 -0700
                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                I am up for today, could be at Alby's 2:15?

                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                From: tonyswilliams@ yahoo.com
                Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:53:42 -0700

                I am on for tomorrow if anyone can wait till the 2:15 departure time.  I am still dying to fly my new kite on land before I have to use it on the water.
                Cheers,
                TW

                Looks like the wind has already made the shift.

                Friday looks better, but I could have my arm twisted today.

                Anyone?

                Eddy

                Saturday should be good as well...I just can not go :-(

                Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.  Check it out. <http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Storage1_ 042009>

                Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.
              • Nick Orlando
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                  How does today look? I'm checking to see if it will be worth getting
                  in one last session for the season. How is the snow up there? Is it
                  still really mushy?

                  Nick

                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                    How does it look????? What kinda question is that? ;-)

                    What time are we leaving? Better question!!!

                    Eddy
                    863-6966

                    I'm ready to go anytime if we want to Carpool. I can hold 4 so once all
                    seats are claimed &/or we are loaded let's go!!!

                  • tony williams
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                      Hey eddy,
                      Like I said yesterday,
                      I am ready to go for a 2:15 departure.
                      Hope you can wait till then.
                      Cheers,
                      TW

                      How does it look????? What kinda question is that? ;-)

                      What time are we leaving? Better question!!!

                      Eddy
                      863-6966

                      I'm ready to go anytime if we want to Carpool. I can hold 4 so once all
                      seats are claimed &/or we are loaded let's go!!!

                      > From: Nick Orlando <nicholasorlando@ gmail.com>
                      > Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:59:25 -0600
                      > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
                      > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/ Saturday
                      sessions

                      > How does today look? I'm checking to see if it will be worth getting
                      > in one last session for the season. How is the snow up there? Is it
                      > still really mushy?
                      >
                      > Nick
                      >
                      > On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM, jim S <phiya1@live. com> wrote:
                      >> I'm still up for it...850-1709.
                      >>

                      >> ____________ _________ _________ __
                      >> To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                      >> From: darrelthomas@ cableone. net
                      >> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:22:26 -0600
                      >> Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho]
                      Thursday/Friday/ Saturday sessions

                      >> Not sure if I¹ll be able to make it tomorrow.  If I can it would have to be
                      >> 2:15 or later.  (I gotta pay the piper for the all the fun earlier in the
                      >> week.)

                      today, could be at Alby's 2:15?

                      rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:geardaddyllc%40gmail.com">geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>

                      href="http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Sto" target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Sto

                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                        Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions It’s a little cold up there so I imagine snow will be bullet proof until later anyway.

                        So far I think Steve, Jim, Tony, & myself are planning to go.

                        If a second group is going and can pick up Tony I could leave earlier, otherwise will wait for T

                        From: Kiter - Tony & Anita Williams <tonyswilliams@...>
                        Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
                        To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                        Hey eddy,
                        Like I said yesterday,
                        I am ready to go for a 2:15 departure.
                        Hope you can wait till then.
                        Cheers,
                        TW

                        How does it look????? What kinda question is that? ;-)

                        What time are we leaving? Better question!!!

                        Eddy
                        863-6966

                        I'm ready to go anytime if we want to Carpool. I can hold 4 so once all
                        seats are claimed &/or we are loaded let's go!!!

                        > From: Nick Orlando <nicholasorlando@ gmail.com <mailto:nicholasorlando%40gmail.com> >
                        > Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:59:25 -0600
                        > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                        > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/ Saturday sessions
                        >
                        > How does today look? I'm checking to see if it will be worth getting
                        > in one last session for the season. How is the snow up there? Is it
                        > still really mushy?
                        >
                        > Nick
                        >
                        > On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM, jim S <phiya1@live. com <mailto:phiya1%40live.com> > wrote:
                        >> I'm still up for it...850-1709.
                        >>

                        >> ____________ _________ _________ __
                        >> To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>
                        >> From: darrelthomas@ cableone. net <mailto:darrelthomas%40cableone.net>
                        >> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:22:26 -0600
                        >> Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/ Saturday sessions
                        >>
                        >> Not sure if I’ll be able to make it tomorrow.  If I can it would have to be
                        >> 2:15 or later.  (I gotta pay the piper for the all the fun earlier in the
                        >> week.)

                      • Nick Orlando
                        Message 11 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                          I'm off work at noon today. I'll be ready to go in an hour after that
                          so I can wait till 2:15 or whatever. I'll give you a call when I get
                          off to see if there is plan/what the plan is.

                          Nick

                          On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:40 AM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:
                          > Hey eddy,
                          > Like I said yesterday,
                          > I am ready to go for a 2:15 departure.
                          > Hope you can wait till then.
                          > Cheers,
                          > TW
                          > ________________________________

                          >>> Cheers,
                          >>> TW
                          >>>
                          >>> ____________ _________ _________ __

                        • jim S
                          Message 12 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                            I can be at Alby's at 1:00.

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            From: geardaddyllc@...
                            Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:29:49 -0600

                            How does it look????? What kinda question is that? ;-)

                            What time are we leaving? Better question!!!

                            Eddy
                            863-6966

                            I'm ready to go anytime if we want to Carpool. I can hold 4 so once all
                            seats are claimed &/or we are loaded let's go!!!

                            > From: Nick Orlando <nicholasorlando@ gmail.com>
                            > Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:59:25 -0600
                            > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
                            > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/ Saturday sessions
                            >
                            > How does today look? I'm checking to see if it will be worth getting
                            > in one last session for the season. How is the snow up there? Is it
                            > still really mushy?
                            >
                            > Nick
                            >
                            > On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM, jim S <phiya1@live. com> wrote:
                            >> I'm still up for it...850-1709.
                            >>

                            >> ____________ _________ _________ __
                            >> To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                            >> From: darrelthomas@ cableone. net
                            >> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:22:26 -0600
                            >> Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/ Saturday sessions
                            >>
                            >> Not sure if I¹ll be able to make it tomorrow.  If I can it would have to be
                            >> 2:15 or later.  (I gotta pay the piper for the all the fun earlier in the
                            >> week.)

                            Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.
                          • Darren Smith
                            Message 13 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                              Ted Keyes and myself are leaving Twin Falls at 10:30.  Hope to see you guys there.  It's blowing like mad in the Magic Valley.
                              Darren
                              Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 8:29 AM

                              Message 14 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                                Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions Based on current weather I don’t think waiting until 2:15 departure is a bad idea

                                Eddy

                                From: jim S <phiya1@...>
                                Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:53:12 -0700
                                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                I can be at Alby's at 1:00.

                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                From: geardaddyllc@...
                                Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:29:49 -0600

                                Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out. <http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile1_042009>

                                Message 15 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                                  Looks like I'm going to Maui in the middle of May.  Is my 11m Fuel going to be too big?  ANy suggestions on where to launch and where to kite?  Do I need a 9m Fuel?

                                  -Jason
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Apr 3, 2009
                                    OK, rub it in you lucky dog....

                                    Maui you generally want 9 (or maybe 7) for sweet spot.  11 will work fine on the lighter days.   The way you choke in your center lines, maybe the 11 can be made to work on the 7/9 days, but heaven help you if the center line breaks!  Take 15 too....so you're not at risk of spectating if rare light winds should hit.

                                    On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                                    Looks like I'm going to Maui in the middle of May.  Is my 11m Fuel going to be too big?  ANy suggestions on where to launch and where to kite?  Do I need a 9m Fuel?

                                    -Jason

                                  • Brian Kerr
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Apr 4, 2009
                                      Just got back from a week on the north shore of Oahu. Garrett is going to school in Laie. We had an amazing week of 15-25 knot winds side on shore with a semi protected bay with 3-5 foot swell and breaking waves. Kited with 11M and 8M all week. Hukilau beach is pretty much unknown except to about a dozen locals so there is never a crowd. The other great thing is that you can rent a house or a studio right on the beach for $100-$300 per night.
                                      We stayed in a four bed 2 1/2 bath beach house with a closed garage to store kites for $250 a night.

                                      Your best bet for wind will always be Maui because of the geography but if you are spending time on Oahu check out Hukilau. Jon has kited a number of other area on Oahu and is a great resource. Garrett is available most afternoons to kite or can hook you up with boggie boarding, surfing or spear fishing on no wind days. I'll post a few pics of Garrett and the beach so you can check it out. Let me know if you need more info
                                      Brian Kerr
                                      861-7110
                                    • stevelinane
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
                                        Darren
                                        did you guys go Fri. ? what was it like ?
                                        Steve --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Smith" <darrensmith@...> wrote:

                                        > Ted Keyes and myself are leaving Twin Falls at 10:30. Hope to see you guys there. It's blowing like mad in the Magic Valley.
                                        > Darren
                                        > 208-539-7371

                                      • Nick Orlando
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
                                          I went up a little earlier than the main group and left around 1.
                                          darin and ted were up there flying already. the snow was perfect! soft
                                          and pretty fast. winds were nice at first but slowly got more mellow.
                                          it was 23 gusting to 27 when I first got there. mighthave been around
                                          20 when I left at 5? that was my only second and last session of the
                                          season! but what a blast!!!

                                          nick

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
                                            Hey Brian,

                                            Sounds like you and the fam. have the scene dialed in nicely.  Looks like I should pickup a used 9m Fuel just to be safe.

                                            Hope to see you guys this summer at L.P.

                                            -Brick

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Apr 5, 2009
                                              Steve,
                                              Ted and I had an early start Friday and the wind was really blowing.  There was one point the wind was just too much for me (I'm on a 12m Ozone and weigh 140 pounds) so I made a little shelter with the kite out in the middle of no where and had a good half hour nap.  Ted was having the time of his life!  I need to pack diving weights or get a smaller kite.  Eventually the wind died down so it was more manageable.  I showed on the GPS 39 miles.  At the end of the day Ted was spent and I was having a blast (helps to have manageable winds),  I've decided a nap is the way to go on the Camas Prairie, especially when the winds are almost hitting 30.

                                            • Eddy
                                              Message 22 of 25 , May 7 5:10 AM
                                                Today is the day for sure but we might bet enough on Friday and Saturday.

                                                Winds should peak between 3-6

                                                I'm ready

                                                Eddy
                                              • Jack Harrison
                                                Message 23 of 25 , May 7 5:37 AM
                                                  When, Where to??

                                                  Anyone try RCR lately??? Closer, and maybe not quite as gusty?

                                                  Jack
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , May 7 7:34 AM
                                                    Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday/Saturday sessions Everything is Gusty on post frontal.

                                                    Depends how many want to go.  3 or less ICR. RCR might be a better choice Fri/Sat.

                                                    I’m game to go where ever.  If Carpooling is an option I’ll go to Bruneau

                                                    I’m thinking a 1-ish departure.

                                                    Eddy

                                                    From: Kiter - Jack Harrison <hyqual@...>
                                                    Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 06:37:33 -0600
                                                    To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , May 8 11:19 AM
                                                      Thinking that RCR should be happening today Heading out about 2ish

                                                      Eddy