Monday report

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 23, 2009

      It was pretty good.  Winds 20-25.  Snow started out nice; firm, with a little loose corn on top, but it turned to chowder within an hour.  We got there about 2 and bailed 4:30 or so.

      ADVICE: GO EARLY.

    • Eddy
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 24, 2009
        Bummer missed a good one. I figured it would have been nuking, and had other things to take care of.

        Gavin and I are going to go this afternoon departing 1-2 time frame.

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2011
          Two sailors on 6.0s Jim T  and Chris Nickels  , Mark and I 10m and 13m kited a good solid hour . Not quite as windy as the last few days . Tuesday Wednesday look like a repeat of today
        • Jack Harrison
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 12, 2011

            Steve - Thanks for the update.  You still launching from Barclay?

            I needed a day off. Maybe see you Tuesday.

            Launching from CC/BB takes a bit longer, but then there is less “up wind work” to do … assuming the water launch is successful.  Jack

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 12, 2011
              Jack
              Yes we launched from Barclay but the wind wasn't to gusty , landing went smooth but potential for disaster . Its a long way down to the water and it dropped about two or more feet from yesterday . I keep saying this is the last day , and I think today was the day .  I may take tomorrow off and let the clouds move on through . See what Wednesday brings . and then do the hike or windsurf if its windy enough
               Steve

              To: itile@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...
              From: hyqual@...
              Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:49:02 -0600
              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [BSA] Monday report

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 30, 2012
                Early number doesn't look good but really want to sail.. waited till the numbers to turn around 7:00 a.m. before heading up.

                Three windsurfers sailed from about 7:30 till about 8:30... and the wind shut off abruptly.

                Rusty showed up when it was shutting off and couldn't make it work.

                Not much morning wind in sight until the weekend...  :-(

                --
                Best regards,

                Chris Lee
              • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 30, 2012
                  The wind gods are angry. Sacrifices and offerings must be made!
                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  From: Chris Lee <chris133@...>
                  Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:42:04 -0600
                  To: Boise Sailors<BoiseSailors@...>; <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                  ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Monday report

                  Early number doesn't look good but really want to sail.. waited till the numbers to turn around 7:00 a.m. before heading up.

                  Three windsurfers sailed from about 7:30 till about 8:30... and the wind shut off abruptly.

                  Rusty showed up when it was shutting off and couldn't make it work.

                  Not much morning wind in sight until the weekend...  :-(

                  --
                  Best regards,

                  Chris Lee
                • Mark Westerdoll
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 30, 2012
                    Jason Lewis Just bought his first kite, he must be a witch. Burn him, Burn the Witch!!!
                    Westy

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                    Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:01:45 +0000
                    Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Monday report

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 30, 2012
                      Hopefully, I brought my wind mojo home from the Gorge?  I was very fortunate on this trip, wind everyday and lots of it!!
                      Mike Z

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                      Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:01:45 +0000