Re: [snowkiteidaho] interesting factoid

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2009
      Re: [snowkiteidaho] interesting factoid The newest speed wings are basically the 10/12/15 m kites without lines.

      These are the ones they run downhill on skis

      From: Darrel & Shannan Thomas <darrelthomas@...>
      Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:56:30 -0600
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>, <idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] intersting factoid

      I was talking to a coworker who is in to parachuting. I was curious about relative canopy sizes with kiting.  She said typical recreational chute would be around 190 sqft. I did the math when I got home, it’s about 17.5m2. People into performance will jump with smaller chutes.