Re: [snowkiteidaho] good morning

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 15, 2009

      Well we had a big turn out Eddy Laura , Phil , Billy , J , Chris . Darrel ,John . and myself . also others from Portland . It was a very nice day but the wind back way off the minute we got there . Darrel got some good air time , J and eddy went cruising all of us put up our kits  with varying results . This was at Last Resort but we made the rounds but no wind to be founded anywhere
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014
        wow!!! you all missed a great morning at LP. the meter was spot on
        at 20-24+. Tom Van Alton n I were the only two on the water. whole
        lake was filled in with actual ramps. waves were coming in long Rows.
        put on the 6.2 but should have gone with the 5.2 n maybe the 95 L
        board. 7:45 to 9:30. just could not sail any longer but the lake was
        still going. Tom had s birthday Sunday so now that he is 59 I
        understand why he had to quite right after me. old dudes rule baby.
        launched from the barclay boat ramp. tougher to get up wind but so.
        fun fun fun
        --
        Jim Tighe
        Gem State Gymnastics Academy

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014

            Is there a feeling if Barclay can work for kiters anymore?  How many steps now????

            -JBrick

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014

              Kiters have launched from the boat ramp for years.  I only saw Jon B go over the hill once way back when he was learning.  Ha.  But it really is a pretty good launch there.  Of course you must get past the bluff no wind spot.  I would not do the Barclay beach as the 15’ rock hike is way sketchy.  But then the beaches are coming out pretty fast.  Next good day is later this week so we might have more beach for kites sooner.

              James R. Tighe

              Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

              5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

              Gym; 208-853-3220

              Cell; 208-859-1397

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014
                Looks like it could be done. Maybe a 25' stretch of rocky road to negotiate. Toss up between it and trying the secret spot- small and a bit rocky. Course there is always the hike.

                Sent from my iPhone