Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 5 7:48 AM
      Scott and I are going tomorrow.  Are the roads open today?

      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
      Realtor - Top Producer
      Boise, ID. 83706
      208-860-5053 - cell
      208-331-6833 - e-fax

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5 8:00 AM
        Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin' http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=roadConditions&area=West&date=&textOnly=False

        Says roads are open but difficult to drive.  Looks like tire tracks????

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 5 9:02 AM
          There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before things clear up
          Says roads are open but difficult to drive.  Looks like tire tracks????

          I'm finally free..well at least for 4 days...then off to Mexico, for a week. Unfortunately work related. Anyone know anything about Los Mochis???

          Both this afternoon and tomorrow look good and Saturday??? Maybe a good afternoon thermal.

          I'll be ready by noon

          Eddy

          --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , "darrel1028" <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

          > winds look good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.
          >
          > Darrel
          > 484-6766

        • darrel1028
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 5 10:55 AM
            Just checke dthe camus cam. still looking pretty dark up there. I can wait for something better. Saturday is looking REALLy good. Tomorrow looks better too. But, if it starts to shape up a little today by 2ish, I would entertain the notion...

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 5 11:32 AM
              I sceond that . That cell moved through but there is another leaveing Ontario

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 5 2:35 PM
                Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin' I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call  me shortly to rub it in, I’m sure.

                Heading up  tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won’t let work get in the way.

                From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@...>
                Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before things clear up

                Says  roads are open but difficult to drive.  Looks like tire tracks????

                I'm finally free..well at least for 4 days...then  off to Mexico, for a week. Unfortunately work related. Anyone know anything  about Los Mochis???

                Both this afternoon and tomorrow look good and  Saturday??? Maybe a good afternoon thermal.

                I'll be ready by  noon

                Eddy

                --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>  , "darrel1028" <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

                > winds look  good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go  whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time  after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.
                >
                > Darrel
                >  484-6766

              • Eddy
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 6 5:56 AM
                  Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18 mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO

                  Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.

                  Saturday looks good as well.

                  Trying to depart at noon.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 6 9:02 AM
                    Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kiting' Billy & I are heading out at 12

                    From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                    Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                    To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                    > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call  me shortly to rub
                    > it in, I’m sure.
                    >

                    > Heading up  tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won’t let work get in the way.
                    >

                    > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@...>
                    > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                    > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                    > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                    >

                    > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
                    > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
                    > things clear up

                  • Eddy
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 7 7:56 AM
                      What a day!!! incredible everything...like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

                      Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

                      I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

                      > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                      >

                      > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                      > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                      > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                      > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                      >

                      > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18
                      > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                      >
                      > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas
                      > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                      >
                      > Saturday looks good as well.
                      >
                      > Trying to depart at noon.
                      >
                      > Eddy
                      >
                      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me shortly to rub
                      > > it in, I¹m sure.
                      > >

                      > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the way.
                      > >

                      > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                      > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                      > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                      > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                      > >

                      > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
                      > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
                      > > things clear up

                    • Darrel Thomas
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 7 8:40 AM

                        I think we’ll get that jet stream flow starting around 1ish.  Forecast from noaa is for SW10 in the afternoon.

                        Definitely a sweet day yesterday.   Guess we’ll have to trash a new spot today!

                        D.

                        href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        href="http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=roadConditions&area=West&date=&textOn">http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=roadConditions&area=West&date=&textOn
                        > > > ly=False
                        > > >

                        > > > Says roads are open but difficult to drive. Looks like tire
                        tracks????

                        > > > From: Kiter - Kay Walston <kaywalston@>
                        > > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 07:48:53 -0800 (PST)
                        > > > To: Snowkiteidaho <
                        href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                        > > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                        > > >

                        > > > Scott and I are going tomorrow. Are the roads open today?
                        > > >
                        > > > Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                        > > > Realtor - Top Producer
                        > > > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                        > > > Boise, ID. 83706
                        > > > 208-860-5053 - cell
                        > > > 208-331-6833 - e-fax

                      • Darrel Thomas
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 7 8:46 AM

                          Well all righty then, I guess it’s on now; just jumped to WNW13G14.

                          I think we’ll get that jet stream flow starting around 1ish.  Forecast from noaa is for SW10 in the afternoon.

                          Definitely a sweet day yesterday.   Guess we’ll have to trash a new spot today!

                          D.

                          What a day!!! incredible everything...like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

                          Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

                          I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

                          > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                          >

                          > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                          > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                          > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                          > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                          >

                          > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them,
                          14-18
                          > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                          >
                          > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing
                          Camas
                          > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                          >
                          > Saturday looks good as well.
                          >
                          > Trying to depart at noon.
                          >
                          > Eddy
                          >
                          > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC
                          <geardaddyllc@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me
                          shortly to rub
                          > > it in, I¹m sure.
                          > >

                          > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the
                          way.

                          > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                          > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                          > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                          > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                          > >

                          > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the
                          pine
                          > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours
                          before
                          > > things clear up

                        • Darrel Thomas
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 7 8:55 AM

                            I am down for a noon departure.  So far me & Steve, anybody else in for a ride?

                            Well all righty then, I guess it’s on now; just jumped to WNW13G14.

                            I think we’ll get that jet stream flow starting around 1ish.  Forecast from noaa is for SW10 in the afternoon.

                            Definitely a sweet day yesterday.   Guess we’ll have to trash a new spot today!

                            D.

                            What a day!!! incredible everything...like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

                            Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

                            I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

                            > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                            >

                            > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                            > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                            > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                            > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                            >

                            > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them,
                            14-18
                            > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                            >
                            > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing
                            Camas
                            > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                            >
                            > Saturday looks good as well.
                            >
                            > Trying to depart at noon.
                            >
                            > Eddy
                            >
                            > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC
                            <geardaddyllc@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me
                            shortly to rub
                            > > it in, I¹m sure.
                            > >

                            > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the
                            way.

                            > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                            > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                            > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                            > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                            > >

                            > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the
                            pine
                            > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours
                            before
                            > > things clear up

                          • jim S
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 7 9:05 AM
                              I'm in.  Noon at Alby's?

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: darrelthomas@...
                              Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:55:35 -0700

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                              > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                              >

                              > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ ...>
                              > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                              > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
                              > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                              >

                              > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18
                              > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                              >
                              > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas
                              > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                              >
                              > Saturday looks good as well.
                              >
                              > Trying to depart at noon.
                              >
                              > Eddy
                              >
                              > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                              > <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me shortly to rub
                              > > it in, I¹m sure.
                              > >

                              > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the way.
                              > >

                              > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                              > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                              > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                              > <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> >
                              > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                              > >

                              > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
                              > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
                              > > things clear up

                              Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.
                            • Kay Walst6on
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 7 12:23 PM
                                How's it looking for tomorrow..(Sunday)

                                Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro