let's go kitin'

  • darrel1028
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
      winds look good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.

      Darrel
      484-6766
    • Eddy
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
        I'm finally free..well at least for 4 days...then off to Mexico, for a week. Unfortunately work related. Anyone know anything about Los Mochis???

        Both this afternoon and tomorrow look good and Saturday??? Maybe a good afternoon thermal.

        I'll be ready by noon

        Eddy

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "darrel1028" <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

        > winds look good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.
        >
        > Darrel
        > 484-6766

      • Eddy
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
          Well maybe today is a no go???

          ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
          5 AM MST FRIDAY...

          THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BOISE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER
          ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW IN THE CAMAS PRAIRIE...WHICH
          IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 AM MST FRIDAY.

          ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM DEVELOPING IN WESTERN CANADA THIS
          MORNING WILL MOVE INTO THE INTERMOUNTAIN WEST EARLY THIS
          AFTERNOON...SPREADING SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS ACROSS THE CENTRAL
          MOUNTAINS OF IDAHO. GENERALLY...3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED
          IN THE VALLEY AND 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW IN THE FOOTHILLS WITH
          LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE STARTING AROUND 5 PM TODAY THROUGH
          FRIDAY MORNING. SURFACE WINDS WILL INCREASE AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT
          THIS AFTERNOON. WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH WILL
          CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW REDUCING VISIBILITIES AT TIMES.

          A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS THAT
          VISIBILITIES WILL BE LIMITED DUE TO A COMBINATION OF FALLING AND
          BLOWING SNOW. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN
          AREAS.

          But at least the season is not over...will watch, visibility looks bad now...probably not going to improve today.  So definitely ready for tomorrow and Saturday...POWDER??? Maybe not but at least fresh snow.

          Eddy

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          > I'm finally free..well at least for 4 days...then off to Mexico, for a week. Unfortunately work related. Anyone know anything about Los Mochis???
          >
          > Both this afternoon and tomorrow look good and Saturday??? Maybe a good afternoon thermal.
          >
          > I'll be ready by noon
          >
          > Eddy
          >

          > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "darrel1028" darrelthomas@ wrote:
          > >
          > > winds look good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.
          > >
          > > Darrel
          > > 484-6766

        • Kay Walst6on
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
            Scott and I are going tomorrow.  Are the roads open today?

            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            Realtor - Top Producer
            Boise, ID. 83706
            208-860-5053 - cell
            208-331-6833 - e-fax

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
              Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin' http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=roadConditions&area=West&date=&textOnly=False

              Says roads are open but difficult to drive.  Looks like tire tracks????

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
                There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before things clear up
                Says roads are open but difficult to drive.  Looks like tire tracks????

                I'm finally free..well at least for 4 days...then off to Mexico, for a week. Unfortunately work related. Anyone know anything about Los Mochis???

                Both this afternoon and tomorrow look good and Saturday??? Maybe a good afternoon thermal.

                I'll be ready by noon

                Eddy

                --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , "darrel1028" <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

                > winds look good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.
                >
                > Darrel
                > 484-6766

              • darrel1028
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
                  Just checke dthe camus cam. still looking pretty dark up there. I can wait for something better. Saturday is looking REALLy good. Tomorrow looks better too. But, if it starts to shape up a little today by 2ish, I would entertain the notion...

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
                    I sceond that . That cell moved through but there is another leaveing Ontario

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
                      Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin' I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call  me shortly to rub it in, I’m sure.

                      Heading up  tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won’t let work get in the way.

                      From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@...>
                      Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                      There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before things clear up

                      Says  roads are open but difficult to drive.  Looks like tire tracks????

                      I'm finally free..well at least for 4 days...then  off to Mexico, for a week. Unfortunately work related. Anyone know anything  about Los Mochis???

                      Both this afternoon and tomorrow look good and  Saturday??? Maybe a good afternoon thermal.

                      I'll be ready by  noon

                      Eddy

                      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>  , "darrel1028" <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

                      > winds look  good for the next few days. Visibility is questionable though. I am game to go  whenever it looks like we can see which way is up! I am free to go any time  after noon today/tomorrow, any time Saturday.
                      >
                      > Darrel
                      >  484-6766

                    • Eddy
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 6, 2009
                        Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18 mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO

                        Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.

                        Saturday looks good as well.

                        Trying to depart at noon.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 6, 2009
                          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kiting' Billy & I are heading out at 12

                          From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                          Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                          > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call  me shortly to rub
                          > it in, I’m sure.
                          >

                          > Heading up  tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won’t let work get in the way.
                          >

                          > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@...>
                          > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                          > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                          > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                          >

                          > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
                          > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
                          > things clear up

                        • Eddy
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 7, 2009
                            What a day!!! incredible everything...like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

                            Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

                            I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

                            > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                            >

                            > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                            > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                            > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                            > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                            >

                            > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18
                            > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                            >
                            > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas
                            > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                            >
                            > Saturday looks good as well.
                            >
                            > Trying to depart at noon.
                            >
                            > Eddy
                            >
                            > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me shortly to rub
                            > > it in, I¹m sure.
                            > >

                            > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the way.
                            > >

                            > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                            > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                            > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                            > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                            > >

                            > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
                            > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
                            > > things clear up

                          • Darrel Thomas
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 7, 2009

                              I think we’ll get that jet stream flow starting around 1ish.  Forecast from noaa is for SW10 in the afternoon.

                              Definitely a sweet day yesterday.   Guess we’ll have to trash a new spot today!

                              D.

                              href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                              href="http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=roadConditions&area=West&date=&textOn">http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=roadConditions&area=West&date=&textOn
                              > > > ly=False
                              > > >

                              > > > Says roads are open but difficult to drive. Looks like tire
                              tracks????

                              > > > From: Kiter - Kay Walston <kaywalston@>
                              > > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 07:48:53 -0800 (PST)
                              > > > To: Snowkiteidaho <
                              href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                              > > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                              > > >

                              > > > Scott and I are going tomorrow. Are the roads open today?
                              > > >
                              > > > Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                              > > > Realtor - Top Producer
                              > > > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                              > > > Boise, ID. 83706
                              > > > 208-860-5053 - cell
                              > > > 208-331-6833 - e-fax

                            • Darrel Thomas
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 7, 2009

                                Well all righty then, I guess it’s on now; just jumped to WNW13G14.

                                I think we’ll get that jet stream flow starting around 1ish.  Forecast from noaa is for SW10 in the afternoon.

                                Definitely a sweet day yesterday.   Guess we’ll have to trash a new spot today!

                                D.

                                What a day!!! incredible everything...like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

                                Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

                                I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

                                > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                                >

                                > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                                > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                                > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                                >

                                > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them,
                                14-18
                                > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                                >
                                > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing
                                Camas
                                > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                                >
                                > Saturday looks good as well.
                                >
                                > Trying to depart at noon.
                                >
                                > Eddy
                                >
                                > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC
                                <geardaddyllc@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me
                                shortly to rub
                                > > it in, I¹m sure.
                                > >

                                > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the
                                way.

                                > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                                > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                                > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                                > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                                > >

                                > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the
                                pine
                                > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours
                                before
                                > > things clear up

                              • Darrel Thomas
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 7, 2009

                                  I am down for a noon departure.  So far me & Steve, anybody else in for a ride?

                                  Well all righty then, I guess it’s on now; just jumped to WNW13G14.

                                  I think we’ll get that jet stream flow starting around 1ish.  Forecast from noaa is for SW10 in the afternoon.

                                  Definitely a sweet day yesterday.   Guess we’ll have to trash a new spot today!

                                  D.

                                  What a day!!! incredible everything...like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

                                  Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

                                  I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

                                  > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                                  >

                                  > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                                  > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                                  > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                  > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                                  >

                                  > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them,
                                  14-18
                                  > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                                  >
                                  > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing
                                  Camas
                                  > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                                  >
                                  > Saturday looks good as well.
                                  >
                                  > Trying to depart at noon.
                                  >
                                  > Eddy
                                  >
                                  > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC
                                  <geardaddyllc@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me
                                  shortly to rub
                                  > > it in, I¹m sure.
                                  > >

                                  > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the
                                  way.

                                  > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                                  > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                                  > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  > <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                                  > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                                  > >

                                  > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the
                                  pine
                                  > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours
                                  before
                                  > > things clear up

                                • jim S
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 7, 2009
                                    I'm in.  Noon at Alby's?

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: darrelthomas@...
                                    Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:55:35 -0700

                                    --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                                    > Billy & I are heading out at 12
                                    >

                                    > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ ...>
                                    > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
                                    > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
                                    > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                                    >

                                    > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18
                                    > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
                                    >
                                    > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas
                                    > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
                                    >
                                    > Saturday looks good as well.
                                    >
                                    > Trying to depart at noon.
                                    >
                                    > Eddy
                                    >
                                    > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                    > <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me shortly to rub
                                    > > it in, I¹m sure.
                                    > >

                                    > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the way.
                                    > >

                                    > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@>
                                    > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
                                    > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                    > <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> >
                                    > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
                                    > >

                                    > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
                                    > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
                                    > > things clear up

                                    Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.
                                  • Kay Walst6on
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 7, 2009
                                      How's it looking for tomorrow..(Sunday)

                                      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro