Re: [snowkiteidaho] wind on the water

  • j clive jordan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      call me when the water's over 60 degrees

      When I arrived at CJ temp 63 wind 26G37 .ESE . I've never seen it blow that hard from the East , I decided to Kite first rigged the 9m . had a little problem launching . The kite slid way back in the window and then hot launched . I thought I could run fast enough but got a big boost and land on my belly and my face went through some sage brush , Kited for a while little board then,  big board . then I decided to windsurf gigged a 4.7 and the 99L board . a little gusty but not bad . the water isn't that cool , I would say 49 degrees
    • Mark Westerdoll
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
        I'm curious about the temp of Lake Lowell, that place was so fun last year I can't wait to go back! I'll bet it's doable soon.
        Westy
        call me when the water's over 60 degrees

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2009

          Sounds like a good first-day on the water!

          And this also highlights one of the many benefits of Kiting in Idaho …no high-rise apartment buildings to get in the way! Only some sage brush, and an occasional barbed wire fence or picnic table/shelter.

          Jack

          Message 4 of 5 , May 20, 2009
            Pump house / Cocaine canyon Jim V, windsurf , Jon Bolt and I kited well worth the drive . Jim stayed lat and got the best of it 6:30 to 7:30