Any one going out today?

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009

      Keep an eye on the conditions.

      If the vis stays reasonable then I can meet at 2:15.

      I am pretty sure this system is not going to backdown anytime soon. So the wind should be there.

    • jim S
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
        Heading up, probably an earlier departure, noon.  A little concerned that I (read beginner) may be blown out...thoughts?

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: tonyswilliams@...
        Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:16:10 -0800
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Any one going out today?

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Any one going out today?
          Well... Billy and  I are ready to go...Right now!!!

          But the Road is closed.

          Waiting...Watching

          From: Kiter - Tony & Anita Williams <tonyswilliams@...>
          Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:16:10 -0800 (PST)
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
            Re: [snowkiteidaho] Any one going out today? Currently road is closed

            I’m guessing the winds are going to crank this afternoon 30+

            From: jim S <phiya1@...>
            Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:26:03 -0800
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Any one going out today?

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: tonyswilliams@...
            Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:16:10 -0800

            It’s the same Hotmail®. If by “same” you mean up to 70% faster.  Get your account now.  <http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Same_022009>

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
              Looks like winter weather all day on the prairie . but I'll go . west today and tomorrow east Saturday and Sunday . Looks like four days of good wind

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                Sounds good Steve.
                I will fly that 9m today forsure.  Time to see what it does on the snow.

                From: Kiter - Tony & Anita Williams <tonyswilliams@ yahoo.com>
                Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:16:10 -0800 (PST)
                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                  Eddy, ITD site doesn't report road closed.  Did you phone them and get different info?

                  From: Kiter - Tony & Anita Williams <tonyswilliams@...>
                  Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:16:10 -0800 (PST)
                  To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                    US 20: from I-84 to Cat Creek Summit
                    packed snow, heavy snow

                    last updated today at 5:52 AM MST
                    US 20: from Cat Creek Summit to First Street West
                    packed snow, light snow, drifting snow

                    last updated today at 8:01 AM MST

                    From: Kiter - Tony & Anita Williams <tonyswilliams@ yahoo.com>
                    Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:16:10 -0800 (PST)