Re: Monty you chose....

  • kiteglobe
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 9, 2006
      I was wrong. I made a bad decision. I hate being wrong. Should have gone. Glad you
      boys picked heades and got to make it up. Anyone headed up today? Should be a very
      interesting day.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas" <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

      > Poorly!
      >
      > It was an awesome session, winds around 20+ to start, dropping back to around 15 for
      most of the day, and fading out towards sunset. J and I almost didn't go. We were
      debating in the parking lot, and decided to each flip a quarter, and if they were both
      heads, we'd go. By golly, we got 2 heads, so we went for it!

      > We pioneered a new corner. We parked at the "tool shed" and decided to ride the North
      side of the road. There were a couple guys from Sun Valley just finishing up when we got
      there. They had gone south all the way out to the Bennet Mountain ridgeline and had
      ridden that quite a ways East. Anyway, we did the Northside, and worked our way all the
      way to the Ridge line, a little over 1.5 miles on the road. There is some really good terrain
      over there, ranging from rolling gullies to big f'n points. It was a cool ride up to the ridge,
      just fooling around boosting good air and having a ball, but the wind was crap on the
      ridge. Really choppy. So we started working our way back down, which was almost as
      fun, but the wind was beginning fade.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 11, 2006
        Leaving 10:30 Albertson's

        Eddy
      • Whitney Rearick
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 12, 2006
          Hey -

          Just uploaded some pix that Shannon took yesterday (thanks, Shannon!).  I hope to be able to take and post more as the season progresses of y'all doing your extreeeeme thing.

          The site lets you comment or post notes.  Go nuts.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitnuld/sets/72057594080705806/

          Whitney

          Yahoo! Mail
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 12, 2006
            Sweet

            Eddy

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 13, 2006
              Cool -

              Just saying hi and I'll call ya back soon.  Meetings galore today -

              whit

              "Gear Daddy, LLC" <geardaddy@...> wrote:
              Sweet

              Eddy

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 15, 2006
                Darrel, J, and Eddy went to Camas Tuesday.  a lot of new snow so much that the entrance to the snowmobile park was non-accessible. Visibility was crap but when you wiped out you were typically digging yourself out. Winds were around 15.

                Looks like Thursday is promising.

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 16, 2006
                  Thursday session departing round 2

                  Sat looks killer

                  Sun should be good also

                  Eddy

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 18, 2006
                    Back to back

                    Leaving at 10am

                    Eddy
                    Darrel, J, and Eddy went to Camas Tuesday.  a lot of new snow so much that the entrance to the snowmobile park was non-accessible. Visibility was crap but when you wiped out you were typically digging yourself out. Winds were around 15.

                    Looks like Thursday is promising.

                    Eddy
                  • Bolt, Jon
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 18, 2006
                      See you there....

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 20, 2006
                        Saturday was good.

                        Sunday was Incredible. Played in new spot with the wildest of terrain. IT was sweet flat to "oh my gosh" throw the reserve hills. We entertained the traffic and found amazing kickers. 9 kiter's had great time.

                        Eddy
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 19, 2008
                          Well my take for today is not good. Winds aloft forecast at 6000 ft
                          are 12 NW but everything else is pulling E below. There might be a
                          chance of katabatic flow at Last Resort. I will wait to see something
                          promising at meter before going.

                          Sunday Forecast looks better with NW flow, but will wait to see meter
                          do something first.

                          Monday I'm sure will be perfect...doho!
                        • Darrel Thomas
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 19, 2008

                            I’m putting most of money on Sunday too, with a casual interest in today.  If it isn’t happening early on today, I’ll most likely get distracted by something else.

                            But by all means, CALL IF YOUR GOING!

                            DT

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 19, 2008
                              I'm in for Sat and or Sunday.

                              Just bust a time or call :)

                              Thanks
                              Dave

                              On Jan 19, 2008 7:16 AM, Gear Daddy <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                              Well my take for today is not good. Winds aloft forecast at 6000 ft
                              are 12 NW but everything else is pulling E below. There might be a
                              chance of katabatic flow at Last Resort. I will wait to see something
                              promising at meter before going.

                              Sunday Forecast looks better with NW flow, but will wait to see meter
                              do something first.

                              Monday I'm sure will be perfect...doho!

                              <|v
                              / >