Re: [snowkiteidaho] forecast

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2009
      Re: [snowkiteidaho] forecast Thursday Report:

      I was up there with the sled-head crew (part time Fire fighters /part time kiters) and went exploring. Found a great area about 3 miles South of Last Resort with Great snow but we were lacking a little in the wind department.  Mark said it would crank there.  Unfortunately one of the sleds died so we had to tow it back.  But we stopped again at LR and played from 3-5???  Wind picked up very nicely and it was 24 at top of hill.  We were all alone kiting and playing downhill of the ridge.

      We got tired and brought the sleds back to the trailer at Historical site and it was actually blowing there about 12mph.  On the way home we saw some other kiters for the late shift looked like Monty who was there earlier.

      Eddy

      Weekend looks promising  NW tomorrow late and SE Sunday

      From: Kiter - Jack Harrison <hyqual@...>
      Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:19:52 -0700
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] forecast

      So how was it on Thursday and/or Friday?

      And, anyone “know” what the wind do this weekend?  Variable?

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2010
        tomorrow looking iffy Saturday better with the return of NW .
        and yesterday ,Thursday we got nuked , at 3:30 it was 27G31 road at the maintenance shed
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2010
          I'm in for Saturday.

          Sent from
          Eddy Petranek

          On Jan 21, 2010, at 3:09 PM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

          tomorrow looking iffy Saturday better with the return of NW .
          and yesterday ,Thursday we got nuked , at 3:30 it was 27G31 road at the maintenance shed

        • owtside32
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2010
            Hey Eddy, I'm planning on going Saturday too, let me know where you plan on going and I will be sure to bring those videos to you.
            -Patrick