on my way

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
      it looks clear now 19G23 , 25' F.
    • Eddy
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
        I guess one crew is leaving at 12:15

        I'm leaving 12:30

        Darrels's crew at 2;15

        Eddy

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...>
        wrote:

        > it looks clear now 19G23 , 25' F.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way Wow what a day...Most of the time we were there I was lit on Laura’s Hot Pink 11m Frenzy. With gusts in mid 30s. 8 People started the adventure, but some choose to save themselves.

          I brought my friend Chad who has flown a kite one time before but zero experience otherwise. I figured I’d have him fly the kite while I played, but he had different plans. He was out on my 4m Access.  Some people learn to FFFAAASSSSTTTT.  Seriously, 2mins of instruction and he wanted to put his skis on and then there he goes.  I did not even have a kite for myself set up and he takes off. I thought “oh shit”, as he goes over the first hill and keeps going. I hurried up with my kite but he was already warp speed downwind. I finally caught up with him and said slow down and go up wind....and he did, except he did not like the slower speed.  He said he wanted a bigger kite because he was not jumping as high as the rest.  SOME PEOPLE!

          More tomorrow if I can move my body.  It finally mellowed out about 4:30 pm ... Just like it usually does.

          A bunch of the group went over to Little Camas to get out of the strong wind.  How was the wind?

          Eddy

          From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
          Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:54:37 -0000
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...>
          wrote:

          > it looks clear now 19G23 , 25' F.

        • darrel1028
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
            LITTLE CAMUS ROCKED! We were able to fly the big guns. Winds were
            around the 20mph mark. We mostly flew the hills to the East. The
            terrain back in there is awesome. The best part, compared to top
            side, was the snow was still relatively unworked by the wind; 7-8"
            of beautiful fluff.

            I am in for a repeat today, if you can wait 'till 2:15.

            Darrel

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC
            <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

            > Wow what a day...Most of the time we were there I was lit on
            Laura¹s Hot

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
              Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way I’ll be there, at 2:15.

              Sorry I bailed on you yesterday.

              Eddy

              From: Darrel & Shannan Thomas <darrelthomas@...>
              Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:05:58 -0000
              To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , Gear Daddy LLC

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
                Little Camas
                Monte road to the top of the highest peck and glided off a number of times,  a incredible spectacle . He was 200 to 300 ft above the snow and  flew 2 or 3 football fields . see you at 2:15 , PS Chad deserves  a award or a blanket party .

                Steve

                <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                > Wow what a day...Most of the time we were there I was lit on
                Laura’s Hot
                > Pink 11m Frenzy. With gusts in mid 30s. 8 People started the
                adventure, but
                > some choose to save themselves.
                >
                > I brought my friend Chad who has flown a kite one time before but
                zero
                > experience otherwise. I figured I’d have him fly the kite while I
                played,
                > but he had different plans. He was out on my 4m Access.  Some
                people learn
                > to FFFAAASSSSTTTT.  Seriously, 2mins of instruction and he wanted
                to put his
                > skis on and then there he goes.  I did not even have a kite for
                myself set
                > up and he takes off. I thought “oh shit”, as he goes over the first
                hill and
                > keeps going. I hurried up with my kite but he was already warp speed
                > downwind. I finally caught up with him and said slow down and go up
                > wind....and he did, except he did not like the slower speed.  He
                said he
                > wanted a bigger kite because he was not jumping as high as the
                rest.  SOME
                > PEOPLE!
                >
                > More tomorrow if I can move my body.  It finally mellowed out about
                4:30 pm
                > ... Just like it usually does.
                >
                > A bunch of the group went over to Little Camas to get out of the
                strong
                > wind.  How was the wind?
                >
                > Eddy
                >

                > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ ...>
                > Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:54:37 -0000
                > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> >
                > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way
                >

                > I guess one crew is leaving at 12:15
                >
                > I'm leaving 12:30
                >
                > Darrels's crew at 2;15
                >
                > Eddy
                >
                > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com>
                > <mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com> , "Steve Linane"
                <stevelinane@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > it looks clear now 19G23 , 25' F.

              • tony williams
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
                  Darrel is right on the money. The terrain and snow were great back behind the little Camas Res. The hills are covered nicely. Ane if you have the guts, there are some nice long drops.
                  Only thing to note was that if the vis is poor, there are several little creeks that would be pretty nasty to hit at full speed. So watch out in foggy conditions.

                  ymailto="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  > <mailto:snowkiteida ho%40yahoogroups .com> , "Steve Linane"
                  <stevelinane@ >
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > it looks clear now 19G23 , 25' F.

                • Whitney Rearick
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
                    Where's Little Camas?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
                      Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way It is the small flat area that is the Reservoir about 5 miles before you get to the upper area.  There is a turn off to the Right

                      From: Whitney Rearick <whitnuld@...>
                      Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:08:37 -0800 (PST)
                      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                      Where's Little Camas?

                    • achim.hill@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
                        Eddy, is it ok to join today, Thursday 2:15pm at Albersons?
                        thanks
                        Achim

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
                          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way Sounds good.  We meet just behind the Gas Station in the Alby’s parking lot and try to depart at 2:15.

                          Eddy

                          From: "achim.hill@..." <Achim.Hill@...>
                          Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:22:32 -0000
                          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                          <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                          > It is the small flat area that is the Reservoir about 5 miles
                          before you get
                          > to the upper area.  There is a turn off to the Right
                          >

                          > From: Whitney Rearick <whitnuld@...>
                          > Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:08:37 -0800 (PST)
                          > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> >
                          > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: on my way