Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Snowkite Soldier's 2009

  • Andrew Goldman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2009
      Here is a facebook page.  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=55373227322

      Look forward to seeing all of you!  You can email me at kiteglobe@... or contact Eddie for registration.  Any questions, please post on this forum or contact me and I'll do my best to answer them.

      --- On Fri, 1/16/09, Eddy <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
      From: Eddy <geardaddyllc@...>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Snowkite Soldier's 2009
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 12:42 PM

      http://web.mac. com/downwind/ iWeb/Site% 2016/Kite% 20Soldier% 20%2709.html

      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Whitney Rearick <whitnuld@.. .>
      wrote:

      > WOOHOO!  Sign me up to volunteer, and, hopefully, compete!  This is
      great!  Will there be women's events?

      > I can help round up volunteers, but will need a couple things: it's
      really hard to read the text below with the italics/red highlighting,
      and two, the event URL in your text is screwy--might be a C+P issue.

      > Will there be a Facebook page?  I'll create one for you if you can
      give me a good URL and contact info.  I find it's a great way to get
      viral marketing.

      > Whitney
      >

      > ____________ _________ _________ __

      of the bigger events in the snowkite industry for the USA, maybe in
      the WORLD!!!

      > I know the local Boise Population will be out in full support and
      show the out-a-towners our way of life. It's going to be huge.

      > Here is a tidbit, by Monty, on the shenanigans occurring Feb 19-22:
      >
      >  I need to start signing people up for the event ASAP.  If I can get
      100 people,  I'll be stoked.  The event is not a race.  Just a fun
      course with snowmobile support for all riders.  Just aim for the
      flag!!!!   Big adventure with a poker twist.

      > Terrain park will be interesting.  Not sure it will be a perm.
      fixture in the Camas but will make an appearance for the event:)
      Should be a couple rails and a stair rail with some jumps.  Thanks
      Eddie for helping me pimp this event.  It should be a super fun time.
      I'd love to see a solid Boise showing.

      >  I've been working hard at getting this website launched and making
      this years event unforgettable.  Lodging is going fast, new to this
      years event is a "Backcountry Poker Run" "Huck a Bus" "Downwind
      Shuttle Bus" "$10,000 in Product Giveaway" and a blow out bash on
      Saturday night sponsored by Naish. Early Registration Discount!

      > You can visit the Event's Website here:
      >
      > http://web.mac. com/downwind/ iWeb/Site% 2016/Kite% 20Soldier%
      20%2709.html

      > Press Release:
      > Kite Soldiers is the world's only backcountry snowkite event.
      Snowkiting, the newest trend in extreme sports is taking center stage
      in Fairfield, ID. One of the nations best Snowkite destinations is
      located 1 hour from renowned Sun Valley Ski Resort. Showcasing the
      best talent in the world, competitors will navigate a 15-mile course,
      climbing over 1500 vertical feet by propelling themselves with nothing
      but a kite and a the riders choice of snowboard or skis . Kiters will
      be tested and their talents pushed to the limits in order to navigate
      the worlds first poker run. Professional and advance kiters will
      navigate through 5 checkpoints leading them to the top of windy
      mountain peak. Beginners and intermediate kiters will navigate their
      way through 3 checkpoints to the base of the mountain before returning
      to the finish line. All riders will receive a poker card at each
      checkpoint. The best poker hand wins. Prizes include, skis,
      snowboards, bindings,
      > kites, backpacks, roller bags, gloves and other great products
      courteously of our sponsors. In addition to our poker run, we will be
      unveiling Idaho's first terrain park. This green sport is hitting
      mainstream and this event seeks to show the world how limitless snow
      kiting is.

      > Coverage:
      >
      > New York Times
      > National Geographic Adventure Magazine
      > Kiteboarding Magazine
      > Kitesites.com
      > Plum T.V.
      > Naish T.V.
      > Idaho Mountain Express
      > Idaho Statesmen
      > Drift Magazine
      >
      > Sponsors:
      > Dakine
      > Head U.S.A.
      > TREW Gear
      > Naish Kites
      > Ozone Kites
      > Eco Promo
      > New Belgium Beer
      > Red Bull
      > Kiteboarding Magazine
      > Drift Snowkite Magazine Cool
      >
      > This is going to be a boat load of FUN,  I've booked one of the
      Rooms so far. So if people need help let myself or Monty know.  Monty
      has worked super hard for this event, so lets all get involved. Monty
      is also requesting help from volunteers. Mainly to hand out poker
      cards and what not. So if you have friends that want to check it out
      but need something to do, there are options.