camas report

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 8, 2009
      another superb day on the camas Darrel and I took off at 2:30 left the snowmobile park just before 6:00 pm so if the wind is on you can ride till 6:00 . so we got about 2hrs . temp 32 wind 23G26 with higher gusts snow a little firmer then yesterday but still in primo conduction .
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 23, 2009
        Another stellar day 20G23 all day at 2;30 it hit 23G26 so I went in and got the 10m by the time I got going maybe 15 min. the wind dropped to 13 G16 . cant win . a little cooler 20 degrees . snow is in fine shape . and another blue bird day . Tomorrow the forecast is for light wind , but look how wrong they were today
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 23, 2009
          Went Skiing with the kids at Bogus and froze our asses off.  Great snow, but 21F and blowing 20-25 on the top half of the mountain.

          Hope to see you all out there soon.  10m.... shees. SOunds good.

          -JBrick

          Another stellar day 20G23 all day at 2;30 it hit 23G26 so I went in and got the 10m by the time I got going maybe 15 min. the wind dropped to 13 G16 . cant win . a little cooler 20 degrees . snow is in fine shape . and another blue bird day . Tomorrow the forecast is for light wind , but look how wrong they were today

        • mike stone
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 24, 2009
            Two great days in a row.

            Thanks Eddy for hanging the wind sock!

            Cheers,
            Mike

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 18, 2010
              Mike, Tony and I went to the maintenances shied first visibility was poor but doable ,  it was 28g32 we left a couple hours later 35G38 went to little camas and  visibility was excellent but just as windy . saw Chris and I think Ryan and Jmac couldn't see that far away . 9m 7m conditions . sorry Jim S didn't get your email
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 25, 2010
                Only two kites on the camas today and it was a good one . Kiterguuy and I road 2 hr and at one point it was 19G21  . and I now have the answer to the snow question . there is about 6in of new but its a bit heavy . I'm headed up tomorrow  as soon as it turns on . Darrel a little more details , glad your getting some
              • darrelthomas@cableone.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 25, 2010
                  There was lots of fresh snow mostly in large areas drifted 1-2ft deep. The wind was variable and highly thermal in the afternoon. The big dogs were gliding over the trees when it was strong enough. I found myself gliding a couple times on accident. Amazingly, I pulled off the landings!  J & I shot some amazing video. He is processing it now. We will try to make a short post on kitesites.com tonight or tomorrow.

                  Darrel Thomas
                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Feb 25, 2010, at 6:32 PM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

                  Only two kites on the camas today and it was a good one . Kiterguuy and I road 2 hr and at one point it was 19G21  . and I now have the answer to the snow question . there is about 6in of new but its a bit heavy . I'm headed up tomorrow  as soon as it turns on . Darrel a little more details , glad your getting some

                • tony williams
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                    Hey Steve, I will be heading out at 1:30 so hope to see you out there.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                      All - I have 9:00 and 11:00 meetings this morning. But I'll have my gear and
                      should be ready to meet up as early as 12:30... if anyone is interested in
                      ride sharing. Jack

                      Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW
                      HyQual
                      208-861-1654

                      Hey Steve, I will be heading out at 1:30 so hope to see you out there.

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                        I should be back and ready to go by then also.

                        Getting blasted by the wind.  Near Baker City now

                        Sent from
                        Eddy Petranek

                        ____________ _________ _________ __

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010

                          Aloft of enthusiasm this morning . Winds aloft forecast 34 to 37 SE at 6000 ft for today .
                          Lets do the usual and meet at Albees  Eddy when you get to town give us a time . also tomorrow's forecast is 25 at 6000 SE

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                            I should make it to Albys ~12:30

                            Wind in Ontario was dead calm????

                            Sent from
                            Eddy Petranek

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                              Were going to the flats.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
                                Road last resort ,wind 10 to 15 ,temp 33, just Bill Binegar , myself and two Californians . mostly sunny snow still in good condition