good morning

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 7, 2009
      Weather Conditions for ITD51
      Current time: January 7, 2009 - 7:34 MST
      Most Recent Observations at January 7, 2009 - 7:08 MST
       7:08Max since MidnightMin since Midnight24 Hour Max24 Hour Min
      Temperature36.0° F36.7 at 0:5336.0 at 7:0837.4 at 22:5326.6 at 8:10
      Dew Point30.1° F32.2 at 0:0830.1 at 7:0834.2 at 19:4826.1 at 8:10
      Wet Bulb Temperature33.4° F34.5 at 0:0833.4 at 7:0835.5 at 22:2426.5 at 8:10
      Relative Humidity79%85 at 0:2378 at 6:38100 at 16:4078 at 6:38
      Wind Speed36 mph from W41 at 1:0929 at 4:2343 at 23:5413 at 13:54
      Wind Gust43 mph51 at 1:0931 at 4:2351 at 23:23
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 15, 2009

        Pretty aint it.

        http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/02E000E2_0696E273_cam2.jpg

        Forecast is: Snow before noon, then rain and snow. Snow level 5100 feet rising to 5600 feet. High near 36. South southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Currently, W5G6.

        Guess we’ll see what happens…

      • Whitney Rearick
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 15, 2009
          How was yesterday?

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 15, 2009

            Well we had a big turn out Eddy Laura , Phil , Billy , J , Chris . Darrel ,John . and myself . also others from Portland . It was a very nice day but the wind back way off the minute we got there . Darrel got some good air time , J and eddy went cruising all of us put up our kits  with varying results . This was at Last Resort but we made the rounds but no wind to be founded anywhere
            Forecast is: Snow before noon, then rain and snow. Snow level 5100 feet rising to 5600 feet. High near 36. South southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Currently, W5G6.

            Guess we’ll see what happens…

          • Jim Tighe
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014
              wow!!! you all missed a great morning at LP. the meter was spot on
              at 20-24+. Tom Van Alton n I were the only two on the water. whole
              lake was filled in with actual ramps. waves were coming in long Rows.
              put on the 6.2 but should have gone with the 5.2 n maybe the 95 L
              board. 7:45 to 9:30. just could not sail any longer but the lake was
              still going. Tom had s birthday Sunday so now that he is 59 I
              understand why he had to quite right after me. old dudes rule baby.
              launched from the barclay boat ramp. tougher to get up wind but so.
              fun fun fun
              --
              Jim Tighe
              Gem State Gymnastics Academy

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014

                  Is there a feeling if Barclay can work for kiters anymore?  How many steps now????

                  -JBrick

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014

                    Kiters have launched from the boat ramp for years.  I only saw Jon B go over the hill once way back when he was learning.  Ha.  But it really is a pretty good launch there.  Of course you must get past the bluff no wind spot.  I would not do the Barclay beach as the 15’ rock hike is way sketchy.  But then the beaches are coming out pretty fast.  Next good day is later this week so we might have more beach for kites sooner.

                    James R. Tighe

                    Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

                    5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

                    Gym; 208-853-3220

                    Cell; 208-859-1397

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014
                      Looks like it could be done. Maybe a 25' stretch of rocky road to negotiate. Toss up between it and trying the secret spot- small and a bit rocky. Course there is always the hike.

                      Sent from my iPhone