Re: Camas this Tuesday

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
      I will talk to Joan tomorrow. Will let you know if they are serious.

      I leave town on Wednesday morn.

      Eddy

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
      <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

      > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
      Count

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
        Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday Looking at the weather I’m not sure what has happened to the NW wind tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but with new snow I’m guessing hwy will close.  I’m hoping that Slater Flats will work with SE flow.

        Keep watching
        Eddy

        From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
        Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -0000
        To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , "Darrel Thomas"
        <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

        > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
         Count
        > me in.
        >

        > Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore
        from
        > them on the subject?
        >

        > Darrel Thomas
        >

        > Mobile Thai Massage
        >
        >  <mailto:Darrelthomas@...> Darrelthomas@...
        >
        > 208-484-6766
        >

        > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

      • Ryan Wait
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
          Eddy,

          just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA, BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE SON AND FATHER LIVE JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT COOL WITH TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY STARTED TO ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING THE FISH N GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.

          1. YOU MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.
          2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.
          3. NO MOTORIZED ACCESS.
          4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON.

          3 YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS ON THEIR LAND. SO IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A PISSED OFF RANCHER WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

          RYAN

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: geardaddyllc@...
          Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -0700
          Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

          From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
          Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -0000
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
            Ryan-

            Not sure if you missed the sign or just haven't been out there in
            awhile, but there's a large orange sign 50 yards after the standard
            Slater's launch site that reads 'Permission Granted, open land use'

            I've kited there 3 times this year w/out altercation or confrontation
            sans the curious ranchers driving by asking questions like 'is that a
            parachute or a tent?'

            Either way, it does appear that they've relaxed their stated rules
            and are chillax towards snowkiters on their land.

            FYI--look for the sign on the right of the road after the ridgeline
            appears.

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

            > Eddy,
            >
            > just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA, BOTH SIDES OF THE
            ROAD IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE SON AND FATHER
            LIVE JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT COOL WITH
            TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY STARTED TO
            ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING THE FISH N
            GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.

            > 1. YOU MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.
            > 2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.
            > 3. NO MOTORIZED ACCESS.
            > 4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON.
            >
            > 3 YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS ON
            THEIR LAND. SO IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A PISSED
            OFF RANCHER WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

            > RYAN
            >

            > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -
            0700Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

            > Looking at the weather I'm not sure what has happened to the NW
            wind tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but
            with new snow I'm guessing hwy will close. I'm hoping that Slater
            Flats will work with SE flow.Keep watchingEddy

            > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>Reply-To: Snowkiteidaho
            <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -
            0000To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Subject:
            [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday I will talk to Joan tomorrow.
            Will let you know if they are serious.I leave town on Wednesday
            morn.Eddy--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%
            40yahoogroups.com> , "Darrel Thomas"<darrelthomas@> wrote:>> The PBS
            people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too. Count>
            me in.> > > > Eddy, you still planning to be out of town? Have you
            heard anymorefrom> them on the subject? > > > > > > Darrel Thomas>
            > > > Mobile Thai Massage> > <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@>
            > 208-484-6766> > > > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be
            at peace."> > > > From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>
            [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%
            40yahoogroups.com> ]> On Behalf Of Steve Linane> Sent: Sunday,
            January 04, 2009 6:12 PM> To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> > Subject: [snowkiteidaho]
            Camas this Tuesday> > > > Tuesday...Snow likely. Chance of snow 60
            percent. Light snowaccumulations> possible. Highs 32 to 37. Northwest
            winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts toaround> 25 mph.>

            > Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills.
            > http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?
            ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008

          • Eddy
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
              I saw the signs.

              But they were on the next feild down.

              Thanks for the heads up.

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

              > Eddy,
              >
              > just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA, BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD
              IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE SON AND FATHER LIVE
              JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT COOL WITH
              TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY STARTED TO
              ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING THE FISH
              N GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.

              > 1. YOU MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.
              > 2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.
              > 3. NO MOTORIZED ACCESS.
              > 4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON.
              >
              > 3 YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS
              ON THEIR LAND. SO IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A
              PISSED OFF RANCHER WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH
              THAT.

              > RYAN
              >

              > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -0700Subject: Re:
              [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

              > Looking at the weather I'm not sure what has happened to the NW wind
              tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but with new snow I'm guessing
              hwy will close. I'm hoping that Slater Flats will work with SE flow.Keep watchingEddy

              > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>Reply-To: Snowkiteidaho
              <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -0000To:
              Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas
              this Tuesday I will talk to Joan tomorrow. Will let you know if they are serious.I leave
              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Camas this Tuesday> > > > Tuesday...Snow likely. Chance of

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                The only signs i saw said "access yes", but below that it says land owners permssion required. Those signs were posted to show fish and game their willingness to give access to hunters in turn they become eligible for certian grants, and hunting rights. It is a far cry from them extending open access to their land. My father has known the Lord family for 15 years and they have never been willing to let him trespass for hunting or mtn biking. keep your eyes open for an angry cowboy watching from the road or red lights flashing.

                I will work on getting legit access to that area, but no promises.

                As another side note, the only place that snowkiters have the legal right to use is the Malcomsen snow park. everywhere else is private land. ie, last resort, big easy, feather flats, double barrel, spooners nob, triple over head, etc. so ride with the knowledge that we are tresspassing. if you ever get confronted out there just be polite and thank full. Just one asshole could cause us to lose 90% of our terrain.

                Basically because our sport is so new, we get away with alot. i just dont want our image to be that of the disrespectful punks. kind of like the way that skate boarders are treated as a menice to society

                RTW.

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: geardaddyllc@...
                Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                  Ryan,

                  I've seen the signs you are refering to but they are on a different
                  field (better looking terrain for sure). That field also has the
                  orange no trespass posts, but the one we are using is not posted, nor
                  fenced in except at road??? You are definitely the guy with the powers
                  to know who this belongs to, but are we talking about the same area?

                  All will be totally respectful if someone has an issue. We appreciate
                  anything you can and want to do to further our usage of area. Seeing
                  how our usage window is less than a month...do we want to bring it to
                  anyone's attention? Begging for forgiveness is usually easier then
                  begging for permission, unless the guy has a shotgun!!!

                  Eddy

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

                  > The only signs i saw said "access yes", but below that it says land
                  owners permssion required. Those signs were posted to show fish and
                  game their willingness to give access to hunters in turn they become
                  eligible for certian grants, and hunting rights. It is a far cry from
                  them extending open access to their land. My father has known the Lord
                  family for 15 years and they have never been willing to let him
                  trespass for hunting or mtn biking. keep your eyes open for an angry
                  cowboy watching from the road or red lights flashing.

                  > I will work on getting legit access to that area, but no promises.
                  >
                  > As another side note, the only place that snowkiters have the legal
                  right to use is the Malcomsen snow park. everywhere else is private
                  land. ie, last resort, big easy, feather flats, double barrel,
                  spooners nob, triple over head, etc. so ride with the knowledge that
                  we are tresspassing. if you ever get confronted out there just be
                  polite and thank full. Just one asshole could cause us to lose 90% of
                  our terrain.

                  > Basically because our sport is so new, we get away with alot. i just
                  dont want our image to be that of the disrespectful punks. kind of
                  like the way that skate boarders are treated as a menice to society

                  > RTW.
                  >

                  > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17
                  +0000Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

                  > I saw the signs.But they were on the next feild down. Thanks for the
                  heads up. --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@>
                  wrote:>> > Eddy, > > just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA,
                  BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE
                  SON AND FATHER LIVE JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT
                  COOL WITH TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY
                  STARTED TO ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING
                  THE FISH N GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.> > 1. YOU
                  MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.> 2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.> 3. NO
                  MOTORIZED ACCESS.> 4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON. > > 3 YEARS AGO
                  THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS ON THEIR LAND. SO
                  IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A PISSED OFF RANCHER
                  WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.> > RYAN> > > > To:
                  snowkiteidaho@: geardaddyllc@: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -0700Subject:
                  Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday> > > > Looking at the
                  weather I'm not sure what has happened to the NW wind
                  tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but with
                  new snow I'm guessing hwy will close. I'm hoping that Slater Flats
                  will work with SE flow.Keep watchingEddy> > From: Eddy Petranek
                  <geardaddyllc@>Reply-To: Snowkiteidaho
                  <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08
                  -0000To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Subject:
                  [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday I will talk to Joan tomorrow.
                  Will let you know if they are serious.I leave town on Wednesday
                  morn.Eddy--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , "Darrel
                  Thomas"<darrelthomas@> wrote:>> The PBS people want to finish their
                  Outdoor Idaho show that day too. Count> me in.> > > > Eddy, you still
                  planning to be out of town? Have you heard anymorefrom> them on the
                  subject? > > > > > > Darrel Thomas> > > > Mobile Thai Massage> >
                  <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@> > 208-484-6766> > > > "May you
                  be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."> > > > From:
                  snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>
                  likely. Chance of snow 60 percent. Light snowaccumulations> possible.
                  Highs 32 to 37. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts toaround> 25
                  mph.> > > > > > > >
                  __________________________________________________________> Send
                  e-mail faster without improving your typing skills.>
                  http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008>

                  > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

                • Kay Walst6on
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                    I have a friend that owns a bunch of land up around Camas to Featherville. I think it's one of those areas you named Ryan.  A guy at work told me I should call her and see if we can snowkite there...it's supposed to be nice and open and great for snowkiting.  I'll call her this week and find out the scoop....I'm sure she'll grant us access.  Do you guys know Tina Rice?

                    Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                    Realtor - Top Producer
                    Boise, ID. 83706
                    208-860-5053 - cell
                    208-331-6833 - e-fax

                    From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                    Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                      Kay,
                       i am friends with Annie Rice which i am assuming is her daughter. their land is right in hill city, it would be an okay place to kite, but the wind usually doesnt blow that low in the valley. Are we talking about the same family?

                      Ryan

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                      From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                      Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                        the lord family owns 13,000+ acres out there. from where you guys park, south to the freeway is their land. so i am pretty sure we are talking about the same area. i'll contact them and see what happens.

                        Cheers,
                        Ryan

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        From: geardaddyllc@...
                        Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 03:00:55 +0000

                        http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_hotmail_ acq_broad1_ 122008

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                          Hey Ryan,
                          Don't know..I'll call Tina today...she's around 60 years old....I thought their land was more on the way to Featherville but I'll ask if she's related to Annie.
                          Thanks for the response.
                          Kay

                          Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                          Realtor - Top Producer
                          Boise, ID. 83706
                          208-860-5053 - cell
                          208-331-6833 - e-fax

                          To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                          From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                          Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                            Heads up on IPTV... The video crew does necessarily need any
                            additional action shots. But they do want interviews, preferable from
                            those people that were there on last video shot(oh yeah wear your same
                            outfit, I have to dig out the one piece).

                            Meeting them and heading towards Slater's @ 1:30, keeping fingers
                            crossed that wind will be there...not likely. Looks really good at
                            Camas...doho but visibility sucks!

                            I head to Texas Wed-Mon. I'm sure you guys will get some spectacular
                            days while I'm gone. I will not rub it in that I'll get a couple days
                            on the water.

                            <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

                            > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
                            Count
                            > me in.
                            >

                            > Eddy, you still planning to be out of town? Have you heard anymore
                            from
                            > them on the subject?
                            >

                            > Darrel Thomas
                            >

                            > Mobile Thai Massage
                            >
                            > <mailto:Darrelthomas@...> Darrelthomas@...
                            >
                            > 208-484-6766
                            >

                            > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                          • Kay Walst6on
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                              Hi Ryan..yes, you're right..Annie is Tina's daughter.  I just talked to Tina and she doesn't want snowkiters there because of the liability...o well...it's always worth a try.  Got some other good Real Estate info from her though....see you guys soon.  I gotta get Scott out in the cold, he's even more of a weenie than I am...:).
                              kay

                              Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                              Realtor - Top Producer
                              Boise, ID. 83706
                              208-860-5053 - cell
                              208-331-6833 - e-fax

                              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                              From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday
                                It rained and no wind ... should a have gone to camas even with horrible visibility it is blowing 20 all day.

                                Got the interview session done. Feb 12 at 8pm will be the release date channel 4 on Idaho Public Television.

                                Will try to get one more action session in next week if weather permits.

                                From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                                Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:13:50 -0000
                                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

                                > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
                                 Count
                                > me in.
                                >

                                > Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore
                                from
                                > them on the subject?
                                >

                                > Darrel Thomas
                                >

                                > Mobile Thai Massage
                                >
                                >  <mailto:Darrelthomas@...> Darrelthomas@...
                                >
                                > 208-484-6766
                                >

                                > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                              • Kay Walst6on
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                  We'll be watching Eddy!  OK, Scott's agreeing to go now...when are you guys going to Camas next.  Eddy, I know you're going to Texas (you dirty rat) but anybody else going this week?
                                  Kay

                                  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                                  Realtor - Top Producer
                                  Boise, ID. 83706
                                  208-860-5053 - cell
                                  208-331-6833 - e-fax

                                  From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
                                  Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:13:50 -0000
                                  To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                                  <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

                                  > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
                                   Count
                                  > me in.
                                  >

                                  > Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore
                                  from
                                  > them on the subject?
                                  >

                                  > Darrel Thomas
                                  >

                                  > Mobile Thai Massage
                                  >
                                  >  <mailto:Darrelthomas @...> Darrelthomas@ ...

                                  208-484-6766

                                  > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                                  ymailto="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com>