RE: [snowkiteidaho] Camas this Tuesday

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009

      The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.  Count me in.

      Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore from them on the subject?

      Darrel Thomas

      Mobile Thai Massage

      Darrelthomas@...

      208-484-6766

      “May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace.”

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
        I will talk to Joan tomorrow. Will let you know if they are serious.

        I leave town on Wednesday morn.

        Eddy

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday Looking at the weather I’m not sure what has happened to the NW wind tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but with new snow I’m guessing hwy will close.  I’m hoping that Slater Flats will work with SE flow.

          Keep watching
          Eddy

          From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
          Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -0000
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , "Darrel Thomas"
          <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

          > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
           Count
          > me in.
          >

          > Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore
          from
          > them on the subject?
          >

          > Darrel Thomas
          >

          > Mobile Thai Massage
          >
          >  <mailto:Darrelthomas@...> Darrelthomas@...
          >
          > 208-484-6766
          >

          > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

        • Ryan Wait
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
            Eddy,

            just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA, BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE SON AND FATHER LIVE JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT COOL WITH TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY STARTED TO ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING THE FISH N GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.

            1. YOU MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.
            2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.
            3. NO MOTORIZED ACCESS.
            4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON.

            3 YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS ON THEIR LAND. SO IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A PISSED OFF RANCHER WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

            RYAN

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: geardaddyllc@...
            Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -0700
            Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

            From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
            Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -0000
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
              Ryan-

              Not sure if you missed the sign or just haven't been out there in
              awhile, but there's a large orange sign 50 yards after the standard
              Slater's launch site that reads 'Permission Granted, open land use'

              I've kited there 3 times this year w/out altercation or confrontation
              sans the curious ranchers driving by asking questions like 'is that a
              parachute or a tent?'

              Either way, it does appear that they've relaxed their stated rules
              and are chillax towards snowkiters on their land.

              FYI--look for the sign on the right of the road after the ridgeline
              appears.

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

              > Eddy,
              >
              > just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA, BOTH SIDES OF THE
              ROAD IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE SON AND FATHER
              LIVE JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT COOL WITH
              TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY STARTED TO
              ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING THE FISH N
              GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.

              > 1. YOU MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.
              > 2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.
              > 3. NO MOTORIZED ACCESS.
              > 4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON.
              >
              > 3 YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS ON
              THEIR LAND. SO IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A PISSED
              OFF RANCHER WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

              > RYAN
              >

              > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -
              0700Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

              > Looking at the weather I'm not sure what has happened to the NW
              wind tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but
              with new snow I'm guessing hwy will close. I'm hoping that Slater
              Flats will work with SE flow.Keep watchingEddy

              > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>Reply-To: Snowkiteidaho
              <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -
              0000To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Subject:
              [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday I will talk to Joan tomorrow.
              Will let you know if they are serious.I leave town on Wednesday
              morn.Eddy--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%
              40yahoogroups.com> , "Darrel Thomas"<darrelthomas@> wrote:>> The PBS
              at peace."> > > > From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>
              [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%
              40yahoogroups.com> ]> On Behalf Of Steve Linane> Sent: Sunday,
              January 04, 2009 6:12 PM> To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> > Subject: [snowkiteidaho]
              Camas this Tuesday> > > > Tuesday...Snow likely. Chance of snow 60
              percent. Light snowaccumulations> possible. Highs 32 to 37. Northwest
              winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts toaround> 25 mph.>

              > Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills.
              > http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?
              ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008

            • Eddy
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                I saw the signs.

                But they were on the next feild down.

                Thanks for the heads up.

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

                > Eddy,
                >
                > just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA, BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD
                IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE SON AND FATHER LIVE
                JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT COOL WITH
                TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY STARTED TO
                ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING THE FISH
                N GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.

                > 1. YOU MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.
                > 2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.
                > 3. NO MOTORIZED ACCESS.
                > 4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON.
                >
                > 3 YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS
                ON THEIR LAND. SO IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A
                PISSED OFF RANCHER WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH
                THAT.

                > RYAN
                >

                > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -0700Subject: Re:
                [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

                > Looking at the weather I'm not sure what has happened to the NW wind
                tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but with new snow I'm guessing
                hwy will close. I'm hoping that Slater Flats will work with SE flow.Keep watchingEddy

                > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>Reply-To: Snowkiteidaho
                <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:06:08 -0000To:
                Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas
                this Tuesday I will talk to Joan tomorrow. Will let you know if they are serious.I leave
                town on Wednesday morn.Eddy--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com> , "Darrel Thomas"<darrelthomas@>
                wrote:>> The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too. Count>
                me in.> > > > Eddy, you still planning to be out of town? Have you heard
                anymorefrom> them on the subject? > > > > > > Darrel Thomas> > > > Mobile Thai
                Massage> > <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@> > 208-484-6766> > > > "May
                you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."> > > > From:
                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Camas this Tuesday> > > > Tuesday...Snow likely. Chance of

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                  The only signs i saw said "access yes", but below that it says land owners permssion required. Those signs were posted to show fish and game their willingness to give access to hunters in turn they become eligible for certian grants, and hunting rights. It is a far cry from them extending open access to their land. My father has known the Lord family for 15 years and they have never been willing to let him trespass for hunting or mtn biking. keep your eyes open for an angry cowboy watching from the road or red lights flashing.

                  I will work on getting legit access to that area, but no promises.

                  As another side note, the only place that snowkiters have the legal right to use is the Malcomsen snow park. everywhere else is private land. ie, last resort, big easy, feather flats, double barrel, spooners nob, triple over head, etc. so ride with the knowledge that we are tresspassing. if you ever get confronted out there just be polite and thank full. Just one asshole could cause us to lose 90% of our terrain.

                  Basically because our sport is so new, we get away with alot. i just dont want our image to be that of the disrespectful punks. kind of like the way that skate boarders are treated as a menice to society

                  RTW.

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: geardaddyllc@...
                  Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                    Ryan,

                    I've seen the signs you are refering to but they are on a different
                    field (better looking terrain for sure). That field also has the
                    orange no trespass posts, but the one we are using is not posted, nor
                    fenced in except at road??? You are definitely the guy with the powers
                    to know who this belongs to, but are we talking about the same area?

                    All will be totally respectful if someone has an issue. We appreciate
                    anything you can and want to do to further our usage of area. Seeing
                    how our usage window is less than a month...do we want to bring it to
                    anyone's attention? Begging for forgiveness is usually easier then
                    begging for permission, unless the guy has a shotgun!!!

                    Eddy

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

                    > The only signs i saw said "access yes", but below that it says land
                    owners permssion required. Those signs were posted to show fish and
                    game their willingness to give access to hunters in turn they become
                    eligible for certian grants, and hunting rights. It is a far cry from
                    them extending open access to their land. My father has known the Lord
                    family for 15 years and they have never been willing to let him
                    trespass for hunting or mtn biking. keep your eyes open for an angry
                    cowboy watching from the road or red lights flashing.

                    > I will work on getting legit access to that area, but no promises.
                    >
                    > As another side note, the only place that snowkiters have the legal
                    right to use is the Malcomsen snow park. everywhere else is private
                    land. ie, last resort, big easy, feather flats, double barrel,
                    spooners nob, triple over head, etc. so ride with the knowledge that
                    we are tresspassing. if you ever get confronted out there just be
                    polite and thank full. Just one asshole could cause us to lose 90% of
                    our terrain.

                    > Basically because our sport is so new, we get away with alot. i just
                    dont want our image to be that of the disrespectful punks. kind of
                    like the way that skate boarders are treated as a menice to society

                    > RTW.
                    >

                    > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17
                    +0000Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday

                    > I saw the signs.But they were on the next feild down. Thanks for the
                    heads up. --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@>
                    wrote:>> > Eddy, > > just as a heads up about SLATER FLATS. THAT AREA,
                    BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD IS PRIVATE LAND. OWNED BY THE LORDS FAMILY, THE
                    SON AND FATHER LIVE JUST EAST OF THERE IN THE DRAINAGE. THEY ARE NOT
                    COOL WITH TRESSPASSING. IT WAS ONLY LAST YEAR THAT THEY FINALLY
                    STARTED TO ALLOW HUNTERS TO COME ON TO THERE LAND AS A WAY OF KISSING
                    THE FISH N GAMES ASS. THEIR RULES ARE STATED AS FOLLOWS.> > 1. YOU
                    MUST HAVE OWNERS PREMISSION.> 2. LIMITED TO ONE PERSON A DAY.> 3. NO
                    MOTORIZED ACCESS.> 4. AND ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON. > > 3 YEARS AGO
                    THEY HAD A GUY ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF ROCKS ON THEIR LAND. SO
                    IF YOU KITE THERE EXPECT TO GET CONFRONTED BY A PISSED OFF RANCHER
                    WITH A SHOTGUN OR THE SHERIFF. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.> > RYAN> > > > To:
                    snowkiteidaho@: geardaddyllc@: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:26:25 -0700Subject:
                    Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday> > > > Looking at the
                    weather I'm not sure what has happened to the NW wind
                    tomorrow,,,,looks like it will be later. I should still work but with
                    new snow I'm guessing hwy will close. I'm hoping that Slater Flats
                    will work with SE flow.Keep watchingEddy> > From: Eddy Petranek
                    Thomas"<darrelthomas@> wrote:>> The PBS people want to finish their
                    Outdoor Idaho show that day too. Count> me in.> > > > Eddy, you still
                    planning to be out of town? Have you heard anymorefrom> them on the
                    subject? > > > > > > Darrel Thomas> > > > Mobile Thai Massage> >
                    <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@> > 208-484-6766> > > > "May you
                    be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."> > > > From:
                    snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com>
                    likely. Chance of snow 60 percent. Light snowaccumulations> possible.
                    Highs 32 to 37. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts toaround> 25
                    mph.> > > > > > > >
                    __________________________________________________________> Send
                    e-mail faster without improving your typing skills.>
                    http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008>

                    > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

                  • Kay Walst6on
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                      I have a friend that owns a bunch of land up around Camas to Featherville. I think it's one of those areas you named Ryan.  A guy at work told me I should call her and see if we can snowkite there...it's supposed to be nice and open and great for snowkiting.  I'll call her this week and find out the scoop....I'm sure she'll grant us access.  Do you guys know Tina Rice?

                      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                      Realtor - Top Producer
                      Boise, ID. 83706
                      208-860-5053 - cell
                      208-331-6833 - e-fax

                      From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                      Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                        Kay,
                         i am friends with Annie Rice which i am assuming is her daughter. their land is right in hill city, it would be an okay place to kite, but the wind usually doesnt blow that low in the valley. Are we talking about the same family?

                        Ryan

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                        Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 5, 2009
                          the lord family owns 13,000+ acres out there. from where you guys park, south to the freeway is their land. so i am pretty sure we are talking about the same area. i'll contact them and see what happens.

                          Cheers,
                          Ryan

                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          From: geardaddyllc@...
                          Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 03:00:55 +0000

                          http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_hotmail_ acq_broad1_ 122008

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                            Hey Ryan,
                            Don't know..I'll call Tina today...she's around 60 years old....I thought their land was more on the way to Featherville but I'll ask if she's related to Annie.
                            Thanks for the response.
                            Kay

                            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                            Realtor - Top Producer
                            Boise, ID. 83706
                            208-860-5053 - cell
                            208-331-6833 - e-fax

                            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                            From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                            Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                              Heads up on IPTV... The video crew does necessarily need any
                              additional action shots. But they do want interviews, preferable from
                              those people that were there on last video shot(oh yeah wear your same
                              outfit, I have to dig out the one piece).

                              Meeting them and heading towards Slater's @ 1:30, keeping fingers
                              crossed that wind will be there...not likely. Looks really good at
                              Camas...doho but visibility sucks!

                              I head to Texas Wed-Mon. I'm sure you guys will get some spectacular
                              days while I'm gone. I will not rub it in that I'll get a couple days
                              on the water.

                              <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

                              > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
                              Count
                              > me in.
                              >

                              > Eddy, you still planning to be out of town? Have you heard anymore
                              from
                              > them on the subject?
                              >

                              > Darrel Thomas
                              >

                              > Mobile Thai Massage
                              >
                              > <mailto:Darrelthomas@...> Darrelthomas@...
                              >
                              > 208-484-6766
                              >

                              > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                            • Kay Walst6on
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                Hi Ryan..yes, you're right..Annie is Tina's daughter.  I just talked to Tina and she doesn't want snowkiters there because of the liability...o well...it's always worth a try.  Got some other good Real Estate info from her though....see you guys soon.  I gotta get Scott out in the cold, he's even more of a weenie than I am...:).
                                kay

                                Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                                Realtor - Top Producer
                                Boise, ID. 83706
                                208-860-5053 - cell
                                208-331-6833 - e-fax

                                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
                                Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:33:17 +0000

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                  Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Camas this Tuesday
                                  It rained and no wind ... should a have gone to camas even with horrible visibility it is blowing 20 all day.

                                  Got the interview session done. Feb 12 at 8pm will be the release date channel 4 on Idaho Public Television.

                                  Will try to get one more action session in next week if weather permits.

                                  From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@...>
                                  Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:13:50 -0000
                                  To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                  <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

                                  > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
                                   Count
                                  > me in.
                                  >

                                  > Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore
                                  from
                                  > them on the subject?
                                  >

                                  > Darrel Thomas
                                  >

                                  > Mobile Thai Massage
                                  >
                                  >  <mailto:Darrelthomas@...> Darrelthomas@...
                                  >
                                  > 208-484-6766
                                  >

                                  > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                                • Kay Walst6on
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                    We'll be watching Eddy!  OK, Scott's agreeing to go now...when are you guys going to Camas next.  Eddy, I know you're going to Texas (you dirty rat) but anybody else going this week?
                                    Kay

                                    Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                                    Realtor - Top Producer
                                    Boise, ID. 83706
                                    208-860-5053 - cell
                                    208-331-6833 - e-fax

                                    From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
                                    Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:13:50 -0000
                                    To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                                    <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

                                    > The PBS people want to finish their Outdoor Idaho show that day too.
                                     Count
                                    > me in.
                                    >

                                    > Eddy,  you still planning to be out of town?  Have you heard anymore
                                    from
                                    > them on the subject?
                                    >

                                    > Darrel Thomas
                                    >

                                    > Mobile Thai Massage
                                    >
                                    >  <mailto:Darrelthomas @...> Darrelthomas@ ...

                                    208-484-6766

                                    > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                                    ymailto="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:snowkiteidah o%40yahoogroups. com>