Re: crazy winds

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
      Magnum indeed!!! Go Big or Go Home! ;-)

      We did not notice the cop. That is funny!!!

      Well the Magnum is cranked out this morning and will be cranking all
      day. I think mid-day will be super wicked gusty, so If any are going
      early hang on tight. I would like to try to go up maybe a little
      later, and let the gusty-ness diminish. Anyone interested in a late
      session say leave at 1-2???

      Saturday looks to be really good around mid afternoon.

      Eddy
      geardaddyllc@...

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

      > Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we
      all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking.
      did you notice the cop watching the whole thing? he was waiting for
      foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out
      today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like
      to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made
      excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out
      there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

      > Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow
      rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

      > Ryan Waite
      > www.idahokitesports.com
      > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

    • Kay Walst6on
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
        WOW....I knew it, I knew it...Congrats Eddy and Laura.  I remember out at the Hanger I kept telling Laura that you guys would end up married and she would giggle like a school girl...haha...how  SWEET!  Sooooo....when's the wedding???

        Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
        Realtor - Top Producer
        Boise, ID. 83706
        208-860-5053 - cell
        208-331-6833 - e-fax

        geardaddyllc@ gmail.com

        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@.. .> wrote:

        > Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we
        all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking.
        did you notice the cop watching the whole thing? he was waiting for
        foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out
        today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like
        to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made
        excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out
        there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

        > Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow
        rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

        > Ryan Waite
        > www.idahokitesports .com
        > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

        http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_hotmail_ acq_broad1_ 122008

      • Eddy
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
          I'm thinking today is blown out. Gust to 49mph

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
            CONGRATS EDDY !!!

            ...by way of experience, my wife skied a fair amount until after we got married...but hasn't skied a bit since then.  The motivator for skiing went away and she doesn't like the cold.  I failed to uncover early enough this loophole in the contract.  Watch out for loopholes !

            Congrats....

            Jon

            On 1/2/09, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

            Thanks for the heads up Ryan,
            We kited the snomobile park yesterday and the coverage there is really good.  The rocks on the first hill heading out are pretty well covered.
            Also I noticed the wind out in the hysterical site were Much stronger then what we were experiencing.  I was getting low wind near the launch site in the 10mph range as the evening neared 4:00 I had to keep the 15m moving just to stay in the air a couple of times and I was able to ride unhooked with no major arm stretching.

            SO THE GOOD NEWS IS NOW WE HAVE A NEWLY ENGAGED KITE COUPLE. CONGRATS TO EDDY AND LAURA!!!

            Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking. did you notice the cop watching the whole thing?  he was waiting for foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

            Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

            Ryan Waite
            www.idahokitesports .com

            It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

          • Ryan Wait
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
              Check out the crazy winds from Soldier Mtn today. Gusting 89!!! that sounds like a good time.

              22:00
              1.7-0.91.1883870NNWOK12.37
              21:002.70.22.1894173NNWOK12.39
              20:005.22.94.6905389NNWOK12.40
              19:007.45.46.9914881NNWOK12.41
              18:008.66.78.1924072NNWOK12.43
              17:0011.49.610.9923465NNWOK12.44
              16:0013.311.712.8934071NNWOK12.48
              15:0015.614.315.2944678NWOK12.52
              14:0018.217.117.8954273NWOK12.53
              13:0020.319.319.9963664NWOK12.55
              12:0021.320.521.0963760WNWOK12.51
              11:0022.121.321.9973771WOK12.51
              10:0022.621.922.4973565
              .

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

              Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking. did you notice the cop watching the whole thing?  he was waiting for foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

              Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

              Ryan Waite
              www.idahokitesports .com

              It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

              Life on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®. See how

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                  Thanks for clarifying this, fellas.  Super helpful info.  'Cause as we know, all women are exactly the same, as are all marriages.  And, of course, all men.

                  On a more serious note: congratulations, Eddy and Laura!  When's the big day?  Will you fly in on kites?

                  Whitney

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                    Right on Whitney....men....gheesh!

                    Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                    Realtor - Top Producer
                    Boise, ID. 83706
                    208-860-5053 - cell
                    208-331-6833 - e-fax

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009

                      Well, you know what they say, “Marriage is the first step to divorce.”  I’m just glad you decided to go ahead and get the first one out of the way! J

                      Laura, I hope Eddy got you a nice BIG ring, ‘cuz you know how all us men are, once he gets you to the altar, You’ll be the luckiest woman on the planet if you ever get so much as a valentine card out of him in the future!

                      Best wishes to you both.

                      See you in the snow.

                      Darrel Thomas

                      Mobile Thai Massage

                      Darrelthomas@...

                      208-484-6766

                      “May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace.”

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                        Okay, Okay, I guess it's time for me to give you all "my 2 cents".
                        Thanks for all the attention and positive comments. I wish everybody
                        has it as good as we do! ;-b Hope to see you all out on the snow, its
                        been great!
                        Laura

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
                          for all its worth, Heather and I have never been happier than after our marriage. its a
                          beautiful world, you two are beautiful people, we wish you the very best! i get the first
                          dance!

                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "laurajones2" <laurajones2@...> wrote:

                          > Okay, Okay, I guess it's time for me to give you all "my 2 cents".
                          > Thanks for all the attention and positive comments. I wish everybody
                          > has it as good as we do! ;-b Hope to see you all out on the snow, its
                          > been great!
                          > Laura
                          >

                          > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
                          > <darrelthomas@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Well, you know what they say, "Marriage is the first step to
                          > divorce." I'm
                          > > just glad you decided to go ahead and get the first one out of the
                          > way! J
                          > >

                          > > Laura, I hope Eddy got you a nice BIG ring, 'cuz you know how all us men
                          > > are, once he gets you to the altar, You'll be the luckiest woman on the
                          > > planet if you ever get so much as a valentine card out of him in the
                          > future!
                          > >

                          > > Best wishes to you both.
                          > >

                          > > See you in the snow.
                          > >

                          > > Darrel Thomas
                          > >

                          > > Mobile Thai Massage
                          > >
                          > > <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@
                          > >
                          > > 208-484-6766
                          > >

                          > > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                        • Darrel Thomas

                            href="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif">http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif>

                            href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                            href="http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_">http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_
                            > > 122008>

                              for all its worth, Heather and I have never been happier than after our marriage. its a
                              beautiful world, you two are beautiful people, we wish you the very best! i get the first
                              dance!

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "laurajones2" <laurajones2@...> wrote:

                              > Okay, Okay, I guess it's time for me to give you all "my 2 cents".
                              > Thanks for all the attention and positive comments. I wish everybody
                              > has it as good as we do! ;-b Hope to see you all out on the snow, its
                              > been great!
                              > Laura
                              >

                              > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
                              > <darrelthomas@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Well, you know what they say, "Marriage is the first step to
                              > divorce." I'm
                              > > just glad you decided to go ahead and get the first one out of the
                              > way! J
                              > >

                              > > Laura, I hope Eddy got you a nice BIG ring, 'cuz you know how all us men
                              > > are, once he gets you to the altar, You'll be the luckiest woman on the
                              > > planet if you ever get so much as a valentine card out of him in the
                              > future!
                              > >

                              > > Best wishes to you both.
                              > >

                              > > See you in the snow.
                              > >

                              > > Darrel Thomas
                              > >

                              > > Mobile Thai Massage
                              > >
                              > > <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@
                              > >
                              > > 208-484-6766
                              > >

                              > > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                            • Eddy
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
                                Alright guys, this is not a help group for the dissappointed...

                                Found out today that J-Mac and Erin were also engaged
                                recently...CONGRADULATIONS so now there are multiple kite couples in
                                this town...the rest will be so Jealous!!!

                                Lets go play!
                                I wish everyone HAPPINESS!

                                Eddy

                                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...> wrote:

                                > you said it Darrel...
                                >
                                > you just want to help so badly when you see the naivete of inexperience!
                                >
                                > Jon
                                >
                                > On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...>wrote:
                                >
                                > > Newlyweds… phhhb wha'do they know…
                                > >

                                > > Darrel Thomas
                                > >

                                > > Mobile Thai Massage
                                > >
                                > > Darrelthomas@...
                                > >
                                > > 208-484-6766
                                > >
                                > > * *
                                > >
                                > > *"May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."***

                              • hawkicd11
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                  hahahaha, LOL!!! Experience will come... the right attitude is a
                                  good start. may you be well, may you be happy, may you be at
                                  peace....