crazy winds

  • Ryan Wait
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2009

      Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking. did you notice the cop watching the whole thing?  he was waiting for foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

      Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

      Ryan Waite
      www.idahokitesports.com

    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
        Thanks for the heads up Ryan,
        We kited the snomobile park yesterday and the coverage there is really good.  The rocks on the first hill heading out are pretty well covered.
        Also I noticed the wind out in the hysterical site were Much stronger then what we were experiencing.  I was getting low wind near the launch site in the 10mph range as the evening neared 4:00 I had to keep the 15m moving just to stay in the air a couple of times and I was able to ride unhooked with no major arm stretching.

        SO THE GOOD NEWS IS NOW WE HAVE A NEWLY ENGAGED KITE COUPLE. CONGRATS TO EDDY AND LAURA!!!

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
          Magnum indeed!!! Go Big or Go Home! ;-)

          We did not notice the cop. That is funny!!!

          Well the Magnum is cranked out this morning and will be cranking all
          day. I think mid-day will be super wicked gusty, so If any are going
          early hang on tight. I would like to try to go up maybe a little
          later, and let the gusty-ness diminish. Anyone interested in a late
          session say leave at 1-2???

          Saturday looks to be really good around mid afternoon.

          Eddy
          geardaddyllc@...

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

          > Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we
          all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking.
          did you notice the cop watching the whole thing? he was waiting for
          foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out
          today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like
          to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made
          excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out
          there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

          > Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow
          rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

          > Ryan Waite
          > www.idahokitesports.com
          > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

        • Kay Walst6on
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
            WOW....I knew it, I knew it...Congrats Eddy and Laura.  I remember out at the Hanger I kept telling Laura that you guys would end up married and she would giggle like a school girl...haha...how  SWEET!  Sooooo....when's the wedding???

            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            Realtor - Top Producer
            Boise, ID. 83706
            208-860-5053 - cell
            208-331-6833 - e-fax

            geardaddyllc@ gmail.com

            --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@.. .> wrote:

            > Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we
            all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking.
            did you notice the cop watching the whole thing? he was waiting for
            foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out
            today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like
            to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made
            excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out
            there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

            > Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow
            rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

            > Ryan Waite
            > www.idahokitesports .com
            > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

            http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_hotmail_ acq_broad1_ 122008

          • Eddy
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
              I'm thinking today is blown out. Gust to 49mph

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

              > Magnum indeed!!! Go Big or Go Home! ;-)
              >

              > We did not notice the cop. That is funny!!!
              >

              > Well the Magnum is cranked out this morning and will be cranking all
              > day. I think mid-day will be super wicked gusty, so If any are going
              > early hang on tight. I would like to try to go up maybe a little
              > later, and let the gusty-ness diminish. Anyone interested in a late
              > session say leave at 1-2???
              >

              > Saturday looks to be really good around mid afternoon.
              >

              > Eddy
              > geardaddyllc@...
              >

              > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we
              > all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking.
              > did you notice the cop watching the whole thing? he was waiting for
              > foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out
              > today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like
              > to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made
              > excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out
              > there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!
              > >
              > > Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow
              > rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big
              airs.

              > > Ryan Waite
              > > www.idahokitesports.com
              > > It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.

                Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking. did you notice the cop watching the whole thing?  he was waiting for foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

                Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

                Ryan Waite
                www.idahokitesports .com

                It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

              • Ryan Wait
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 2, 2009
                  Check out the crazy winds from Soldier Mtn today. Gusting 89!!! that sounds like a good time.

                  22:00
                  1.7-0.91.1883870NNWOK12.37
                  21:002.70.22.1894173NNWOK12.39
                  20:005.22.94.6905389NNWOK12.40
                  19:007.45.46.9914881NNWOK12.41
                  18:008.66.78.1924072NNWOK12.43
                  17:0011.49.610.9923465NNWOK12.44
                  16:0013.311.712.8934071NNWOK12.48
                  15:0015.614.315.2944678NWOK12.52
                  14:0018.217.117.8954273NWOK12.53
                  13:0020.319.319.9963664NWOK12.55
                  12:0021.320.521.0963760WNWOK12.51
                  11:0022.121.321.9973771WOK12.51
                  10:0022.621.922.4973565
                  .

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                  Eddie's crew, thanks for hanging a new sock, is that a magnum? we all watched as you climbed the ladder with hazard lights a blinking. did you notice the cop watching the whole thing?  he was waiting for foul play then he got bored an drove away. Dan and Jen made it out today, Jen caught her first big air! congrats Jen. i would also like to welcome two new kiters to the scene Ben F. and Anton H. they made excellent progress on there first day out. Lets get a good crew out there this weekend and start getting footage early this year!!!!

                  Take care and remember that the ridge lines still have shallow rocks, ride safely and scope out your landings before launching big airs.

                  Ryan Waite
                  www.idahokitesports .com

                  It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

                  Life on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®. See how
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                    Jon
                    you are so right . All three of my wives lost there motivation to ski shortly after marriage . and there sex drive mysteriously waned also .

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                      Thanks for clarifying this, fellas.  Super helpful info.  'Cause as we know, all women are exactly the same, as are all marriages.  And, of course, all men.

                      On a more serious note: congratulations, Eddy and Laura!  When's the big day?  Will you fly in on kites?

                      Whitney

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                        Right on Whitney....men....gheesh!

                        Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                        Realtor - Top Producer
                        Boise, ID. 83706
                        208-860-5053 - cell
                        208-331-6833 - e-fax

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009

                          Well, you know what they say, “Marriage is the first step to divorce.”  I’m just glad you decided to go ahead and get the first one out of the way! J

                          Laura, I hope Eddy got you a nice BIG ring, ‘cuz you know how all us men are, once he gets you to the altar, You’ll be the luckiest woman on the planet if you ever get so much as a valentine card out of him in the future!

                          Best wishes to you both.

                          See you in the snow.

                          Darrel Thomas

                          Mobile Thai Massage

                          Darrelthomas@...

                          208-484-6766

                          “May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace.”

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 3, 2009
                            Okay, Okay, I guess it's time for me to give you all "my 2 cents".
                            Thanks for all the attention and positive comments. I wish everybody
                            has it as good as we do! ;-b Hope to see you all out on the snow, its
                            been great!
                            Laura

                            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
                              for all its worth, Heather and I have never been happier than after our marriage. its a
                              beautiful world, you two are beautiful people, we wish you the very best! i get the first
                              dance!

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "laurajones2" <laurajones2@...> wrote:

                              > Okay, Okay, I guess it's time for me to give you all "my 2 cents".
                              > Thanks for all the attention and positive comments. I wish everybody
                              > has it as good as we do! ;-b Hope to see you all out on the snow, its
                              > been great!
                              > Laura
                              >

                              > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
                              > <darrelthomas@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Well, you know what they say, "Marriage is the first step to
                              > divorce." I'm
                              > > just glad you decided to go ahead and get the first one out of the
                              > way! J
                              > >

                              > > Laura, I hope Eddy got you a nice BIG ring, 'cuz you know how all us men
                              > > are, once he gets you to the altar, You'll be the luckiest woman on the
                              > > planet if you ever get so much as a valentine card out of him in the
                              > future!
                              > >

                              > > Best wishes to you both.
                              > >

                              > > See you in the snow.
                              > >

                              > > Darrel Thomas
                              > >

                              > > Mobile Thai Massage
                              > >
                              > > <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@
                              > >
                              > > 208-484-6766
                              > >

                              > > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                            • Darrel Thomas

                                href="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif">http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif>

                                href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                href="http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_">http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_
                                > > 122008>

                                  for all its worth, Heather and I have never been happier than after our marriage. its a
                                  beautiful world, you two are beautiful people, we wish you the very best! i get the first
                                  dance!

                                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "laurajones2" <laurajones2@...> wrote:

                                  > Okay, Okay, I guess it's time for me to give you all "my 2 cents".
                                  > Thanks for all the attention and positive comments. I wish everybody
                                  > has it as good as we do! ;-b Hope to see you all out on the snow, its
                                  > been great!
                                  > Laura
                                  >

                                  > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
                                  > <darrelthomas@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Well, you know what they say, "Marriage is the first step to
                                  > divorce." I'm
                                  > > just glad you decided to go ahead and get the first one out of the
                                  > way! J
                                  > >

                                  > > Laura, I hope Eddy got you a nice BIG ring, 'cuz you know how all us men
                                  > > are, once he gets you to the altar, You'll be the luckiest woman on the
                                  > > planet if you ever get so much as a valentine card out of him in the
                                  > future!
                                  > >

                                  > > Best wishes to you both.
                                  > >

                                  > > See you in the snow.
                                  > >

                                  > > Darrel Thomas
                                  > >

                                  > > Mobile Thai Massage
                                  > >
                                  > > <mailto:Darrelthomas@> Darrelthomas@
                                  > >
                                  > > 208-484-6766
                                  > >

                                  > > "May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."

                                • Eddy
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 4, 2009
                                    Alright guys, this is not a help group for the dissappointed...

                                    Found out today that J-Mac and Erin were also engaged
                                    recently...CONGRADULATIONS so now there are multiple kite couples in
                                    this town...the rest will be so Jealous!!!

                                    Lets go play!
                                    I wish everyone HAPPINESS!

                                    Eddy

                                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...> wrote:

                                    > you said it Darrel...
                                    >
                                    > you just want to help so badly when you see the naivete of inexperience!
                                    >
                                    > Jon
                                    >
                                    > On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...>wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Newlyweds… phhhb wha'do they know…
                                    > >

                                    > > Darrel Thomas
                                    > >

                                    > > Mobile Thai Massage
                                    > >
                                    > > Darrelthomas@...
                                    > >
                                    > > 208-484-6766
                                    > >
                                    > > * *
                                    > >
                                    > > *"May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace."***

                                  • hawkicd11
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 6, 2009
                                      hahahaha, LOL!!! Experience will come... the right attitude is a
                                      good start. may you be well, may you be happy, may you be at
                                      peace....