Well it looks like something regular might start

  • macgeardaddy
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 22, 2006
      Tuesday Feb 21, Snowmo Park:

      Upside Down Darrel, Air Jordan, Sick-Air Steve, & Fat Eddy Had one
      killer session. Winds were NW 13-23mph and very smooth. Snow was
      awesome except were Snowmobs trashed it. played from 1-6pm. We also
      lite a fire in shelter, nice and toasty.

      Just down the road Andrew and Friend were at historical site.

      Wed:

      Looks like Repeat session so if you can make it up do so.

      Thurs:

      Wind switch, off day.

      Fri:

      Supposed to be NW again. so we are heading up.

      Sat/Sun:

      More NW so another wicked session planned.

      Just to let everyone know this is typical time of year that our winds
      get very regular. When it blows NW down here (Boise) it is usually
      "Great" up there. Plan on being there around 3pm of best conditions
      throughout the remainder of season.

      Air Jordan is working on More Video so smile big when you jump over him.

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 22, 2006
        Sounds like fun. I've got my new slingshot bar and checked line lengths and
        functionality last night. Now I just need to get my 5th pigtails on my
        kites and do a little light wind tuning (much easier to tune at Simplot
        field than in 2 feet of snow near the highway).

        As for your comment of "Winds were NW 13-23mph and very smooth".... Hmmm
        that sounds fishy. Was it gusty or was it slowly fluctuating between those
        readings. Any less than 13mph and my inflatable would be a little sloppy.

        Can't wait to make it up again with you guys. I have to have at least a
        couple sucessful sessions on the snow this year.

        Friday looks possible...

        -Jason

[...]

        Eddy

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 23, 2006
          Yesterday was incredible.

          Today not good.

          Friday looks good but now the weekend looks Questionable. Friday leave at 11am

          Tuesday the winds started at 13 then built to 23 pretty smooth not gusty.

          Yesterday the winds started at 16 then built to 26ish but a little gusty.  I stayed on my 14 the entire time "a bit lit at times".  Everybody else was smart and went down to 10m and smaller.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2006
            Any plans for today? (Fri Feb 24th)

            -Jason

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 24, 2006
                  leaving @ 12:30

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 26, 2006
                      11"00am departure from Albertson's Sunday

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 27, 2006
                        Another Good Day on the Prairie. A total of 10 kiters showed to play
                        in the last bit of smooth snow...now we just have to wait for the next
                        batch of POWDER, hopefully by mid week. Keep fingers crossed that the
                        rain down here is snow up there.

                        We added to Whitney to the list of "I think I Cans", She's hooked.
                        Great Job Whitney!!!! You really did a great job at showing us how
                        easy it is to figure out a power kite, then put on skis and do this
                        all in a matter of a couple hours. I'm jealous that she figured it out
                        so fast. ;-}

                        Eddy

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 28, 2006
                          Looks like the wind is shifting NW early and it did not really get that cold last nite so we are headed to Camas this afternoon. for some kicken NW flow and hopefully soft snow. Leaving Albertson's at 2:30

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
                            Crazy day of wind Tuesday...21-37mph ... oh what fun getting nailed by dime sized hail...

                            Forecast for wind looks good over next couple of days but it was very slush yesterday so the cold temps tonight will make for some concrete conditions. Hopefully snow will fall Thursday and Friday because Saturday and Sunday should be a great NW days.

                            Eddy